After the attack in Kongsberg, Norway, it seems clear: a woman from Germany was among the fatalities. This has now been confirmed by the Federal Foreign Office.
Kongsberg – The shooter from Kongsberg attacked innocent passers-by with a bow and arrow in his attack on Wednesday evening, killing five people. A woman from Germany is said to be among the fatalities. This has now been confirmed by the Foreign Office t-online. The Norwegian media had previously reported about the identity of the victims.
After the attack in Norway: Federal Foreign Office confirmed – woman from Germany among the fatalities
While the alleged perpetrator, a 37-year-old man from Denmark, is still in custody, more and more details about his victims are gradually coming to light. As t-online explains, citing Norwegian reports, the woman killed from Germany is said to be a 52-year-old. They come from northern Germany.
According to the police, the attacker’s motive still seems unclear. After the interrogation, it was conceivable for investigators that the man was mentally ill. “Our hypothesis is that the background is a disease,” said Police Inspector Thomas
Omholt at a press conference on Friday. For this reason, the attacker has not been accused of a terrorist act but of fivefold murder. The 37-year-old had admitted the act shortly after the attack. As the police further explained, the alleged perpetrator is due to his health not in prison but in a closed medical facility.