The Madrid City Council itself, and also the PSOE, ask the judge to look for the existence of other current accounts opened by the businessman
The prosecutor has asked the judge investigating the ball of the masks in the Madrid City Council to impose a “non-inferior” bail of 891,227.067 euros on Luis Medina Abascal after having found only 247.26 in his bank account. He calculates the Public Ministry that it is the amount that the investigated would need to return from the swindled after the seizure of his yacht of 325,000 euros.
In fact, the Madrid City Council itself -also the PSOE- has asked Judge Adolfo Carretero to search for other current accounts opened by Medina, one of the two men who received those commissions and the seizure of all Luis Medina’s assets to ensure the possible economic responsibilities.
And among the new precautionary measures against Luis Medina, who has also requested the popular accusation represented by the PSOE and Podemos, are charging the businessman for raising assets. A request that comes after the Court asked the parties for the adoption of precautionary measures when verifying that in the businessman’s bank account there was only 247.26 euros. This could be added, thus, to the three crimes for which he is already being investigated: aggravated fraud, forgery in a document and money laundering.
In addition, in said letter the socialists also refer to a judicial process opened in a court in Seville for the distribution of the inheritance of Medina’s grandmother, Victoria Eugenia Fernández de Córdoba. They ask that, if Medina ends up becoming a beneficiary, the preventive seizure of her hereditary rights be proceeded with. For what he asks Judge Adolfo Carretero to contact the one in Seville and find out the status of said inheritance.
The spokesperson for United We Can in the Madrid Assembly, Alejandra Jacinto, has confirmed this. “We are witnessing the history of a looting that occurred taking advantage of a tragedy such as the pandemic in an absolutely miserable way and all with the collusion of Mr. Almeida,” she said.
In fact, the Prime Minister, Pedro Sánchez, referred to this controversy in an interview on the ‘Espejo Público’ program this morning. “I, the national leadership of the PP, have not yet heard him say absolutely nothing about what we are seeing in Madrid, neither from Ayuso, nor from Almeida,” Sánchez snapped, who has also criticized the mayor of the capital for saying that the The lawyer who has filed the complaint against him is linked to the PSOE.
Something that has raised the tone of the popular leader, Alberto Núñez-Feijóo, who appeared before the media a short time later and recalled that there are four senior government officials – one from the Treasury and three from Health – accused of the health contracts signed during the pandemic. “Honourability is demonstrated every day. I do not think that the Government is an example of this with four high-ranking officials charged », he has affirmed after assuring that « he has no doubts about the honesty of my colleagues ».
Almeida’s partner in the City Council and deputy mayor, Begoña Villacís, also referred to a controversy that has been going on for almost two weeks. “Obscene” and “disgusting” are the adjectives she chose to refer to commission agents. And regarding the popular leader, Villacís believes that “he is having a bad time”: “I am just as scandalized.”
The City Council denied that any of the contracts were judicialized
The Madrid council denied in March that any of the emergency contracts awarded during the pandemic had been the subject of a judicial appeal or complaint in the Prosecutor’s Office. This is stated in a written response to a request for information from a councilor from Más Madrid whose date dates back to just a month ago: March 18, 2022. The General Directorate of Contracting of the Madrid City Council assured then that «there was no evidence of any legal recourse or complaint” in the emergency contracts.
#prosecutor #asks #impose #bail #Medina #euros