President of the TSE says that CACs “felt the importance” of the measure for a safe election
The president of the TSE (Superior Electoral Court), Minister Alexandre de Moraes, said this Sunday (Oct.
“So far, there are no major concerns,” stated. The minister spoke for 25 minutes with journalists at the Court’s headquarters in the early afternoon.
“The cell phone issue, which was very controversial, was easily resolved,” declared. “[O eleitor] I handed over my cell phone, left it on a tray, picked it up quickly”.
Regarding weapons, Moraes said that the ban had “great acceptance” and that the CACs (hunters, shooters and collectors) “felt the importance” measure for a secure claim.
“Election day is not gun day” said the president of the TSE. “It is not justified that on election day, when there is a greater agglomeration of people, people go out with guns to practice shooting. There’s another day for that. And the CACs themselves, it seems to me, understood this very well, they felt the importance of tranquility, security and democracy justified this measure”.
In this year’s election, the TSE decided to prohibit the carrying of weapons within a radius of 100 meters from polling places. The exception is for members of security forces on duty. The Court also vetoed CACs (hunters, shooters and collectors) from transporting weapons and ammunition across the country on election day, the day before and the day after.
In an interview on Saturday (Oct 1), Justice Minister Anderson Torres had said that the ban would be “difficult to fulfill”but that the security forces would be “attentive” compliance with the norm.
#Prohibition #weapons #cell #phones #incidents #Moraes