These could be some of the reasons why your treadmill is stuck
Many are already thinking about their summer vacations and want to get their car ready to go on a trip. It is important that you take care of the maintenance of your car throughout the year so that when making longer journeys you do not suffer setbacks. When you go on a trip, the first thing you should do is put on the seat belt, which should always be placed as close as possible to the body, completely flat and without knots or folds.
When you hear the ‘click’ of the belt you can start walking. The effectiveness of your car’s seat belt decreases if it does not fit properly. The mechanism of this security system is very simple and since its mandatory use was imposed, thousands of lives have been saved. Although they are very simple, sometimes there can be problems with the belts, either due to a blow or some type of obstruction, which can prevent them from closing and opening correctly. Therefore, there are some causes that can cause your belt to get stuck.
The parts of the seat belt
The different elements of the seat belt are integrated into three systems that are responsible for acting according to the needs of each moment.
– Angle locking system. This system blocks the belt when a certain value of inclination is reached with respect to the direction of travel, it acts in the event of overturning, for example.
– Locking system by tape or vehicle sensitivity. When it is detected that the occupant moves very abruptly or it is the vehicle itself, the lock occurs.
– Load limiting system. The function of the belt is to retain the occupant, but there are certain moments in which the system must allow a certain flexibility, for this the belt has a certain degree of elasticity.
What to do when your belt gets stuck
Although it is a system that does not need much maintenance, you do have to be careful. The problems in the operation can be due to obstructions or breakages in the mechanism, poorly wound the belt or even cut or deformation of the same, after an accident in which this system has acted, it must be replaced. Troubleshooting a seat belt problem requires professional help.
If your belt gets stuck, before taking it to the workshop you can check certain aspects that can solve the blockage:
– The position of the seat. In some cases, the position of the seat has an influence on whether the belt is locked. Try putting the seat in the upright position and see if the blockage goes away.
– The top. All belts have a button that acts as a stop, it is a button-type plastic stop on the belt that prevents the belt from picking up more. If that stopper has fallen off, it must be replaced, since if it does not exist, the buckle will remain loose and will drop to the bottom.
– System stuck. If something has stuck to the belt and has wound up in the coil it will give you problems, be careful with children’s toys, coins or other small objects that can be left inside, this can be a very common cause.
– Clean and lubricate. Sometimes dirt or grease causes the belt to not roll up properly or even not roll up at all. In this case, remove all the tape and clean it well with a mixture of soap and water until it is clean. Once dry, apply silicone lubricant along the entire tape and you will see how the speed of winding the tape improves.
#cars #seat #belt #stuck