58 days has lasted the high fire in the Gaza Strip. Just two months of relative calm for the Gazati, who this morning have lived again with the bombs and horror of the war. Israel broken on Tuesday the truce achieved on January 19 with Hamas and has launched a intense bombing campaign against the Palestinian enclavewhich has left numerous dead and injured. According to Hamas authorities, there are more than 400 fatalities, most women and children, and the injured exceed half a thousand, although there are still many missing among the rubble.
The Benjamin Netanyahu government justifies the resumption of attacks before Hamas’s “repeated negative” initially. “In the last two weeks We had reached a dead point Where there was no fire or release from our hostages, and Israel could not accept it. If we had continued waiting, the situation would have remained motionless. As long as we did not open fire, nothing would happen, “said Israel Foreign Minister Gideon Saar.
The Hebrew government has also warned that it will intensify the attacks if the release of the kidnapped and has issued several evacuation orders in different areas of Gaza aimed at the civilian population. In that sense, the head of Defense, Israel Katz, has threatened Attack “with a force not seen so far” If Hamas does not return to the nearly 60 hostages that he keeps retained. “The doors of hell will open in Gaza,” said, emulating words from the US president, Donald Trump, who used the same expression to claim his release. The White House has confirmed that it had been previously informed of the rupture of the truce and had given Israel green to launch the military operation, baptized as ‘strength and sword’.
Hamas, meanwhile, has accused Netanyahu of breaking the truce unilaterally and stressed that Israeli attacks endanger hostages. “Netanyahu and his extremist government are making the decision to revoke the agreement of Alto El Fuego, exposing the prisoners in Gaza to an uncertain destination “has pointed out the Islamist militia, who has also accused the US of being responsible for bombings by having prior knowledge: “confirms its direct complicity in this war of extermination and its responsibility in the massacres of women and children in Gaza, and exposes the falsehood of their commitment to calm the situation.”
During the bombings of this early morning, which have concentrated in the north of the strip and the area of Khan Younis, they have died The head of the Gaza Government, Isam Al Dalisand the head of Interior, Mahmud Abú Uatfa, as confirmed by Hamas herself. Two senior officials of the organization have also died, such as the General Director of the Internal Security Service, Bahjat Abú Sultan, and the Deputy Secretary of Justice, Ahmed al Hata.
The attacks in this morning have left the hospitals of the strip to the edge of the collapse and numerous scenes of destruction. The UN agency for Palestinian refugees (UNRWA) has labeled the Israeli attack and He has called to “restore the high fire immediately”. Along the United Nations Secretary General, António Guterres, who has said to be “shocked by the bombings” and the death of civilians.
The Arab League has also condemned the “resumption of the massacre in Gaza” and Turkey has been even more energetic by denouncing the “genocidal policy of Netanyahu” for launching an attack that has branded “massacre”. Russia and China have been other critical countries with Israel, like the Spanish government, which in the mouth of the Foreign Minister, José Manuel Albareshe has considered that “it is not the way for peace or for the security of the peoples of the Middle East.” Albares has said “not having words” to “describe the situation in Gaza”.
Host families criticize attacks
The forum of the Hostage Families, which brings together the relatives of the majority of the captive Israelis in the Gaza Strip, issued a statement on Tuesday to express their “complete disappointment” for the resumption of Israeli bombings. “The greatest fear of families, hostages And the citizens of Israel has come true: the Israeli government has chosen to abandon the hostages, “collects the text published in the Progressive Newspaper Haaretz. This family forum claims to keep the fire high and bet on diplomatic route to achieve the release of the kidnapped. “Why don’t you fight in the negotiation room? Why do you leave the agreement that could have brought everyone to home?”
On the other hand, the Association of Rehenes Tikva, a minority and right -wing, has been in favor of the resumption of the military offensive, under the motto “or all, or hell.” “Hamas will never return to hostages for their own will. Only massive military pressure, total blockade, including cutting electricity and water And the occupation of the territories will lead to Hamás Colcapse, will make them beg for a fire and an agreement that returns to all hostages at the same time, in a phase, “he collects his statement.
The most extremist partners of the Netanyahu government have also applauded the initiative to resume fighting. This has expressed, among others, the Minister of Finance, Bezalel Smotrichwhich leads the Religious Zionism party of the extreme right. “We are more determined than ever to complete the task and destroy Hamas,” Smotrich said, always favorable to the occupation of Gaza and that came to threaten to leave the coalition government if the second phase of the high fire was implemented.
#Israel #breaks #truce #throws #intense #bombings #Gaza #Hamass #refusal #free #hostages