The data for Saturday 2 July. Hospitalizations (+205) and intensive (+11) are on the rise
The epidemic curve in Italy continues to rise. There are 84,700 new Covid cases in the last 24 hours, against 86,334 yesterday (here the bulletin) but above all the 56,386 of last Saturday, an increase of 50% on a weekly basis. The number of people who contracted the Sars-CoV-2 virus (including recovered and died) since the beginning of the epidemic thus rises to at least 18,695,954. There are 63 deaths today (yesterday 72), for a total of 168,488 victims since February 2020 ***.
The health situation
Hospitalizations are on the rise: intensive care is 11 more (yesterday +3), which thus becomes 275 in all with 40 admissions a day. And 205 more are the ordinary hospitalizations (yesterday +238) for a total of 7,035, the 18th consecutive day of growth.
The rate of positivity
The swabs processed are 325,588 (yesterday 316,040) with a positive rate that falls from 27.3 to 26%.
Iss: Reinfection cases grow from 8.4% to 9.5%
The share of Italians infected with Sars-CoV-2 continues to grow after having already overcome previous Covid infections. In the last week the percentage of reinfections out of the total reported cases is 9.5%, an increase compared to the previous week (8.4%, a figure with longer consolidation times than other information), according to what emerges from the extended report of the Higher Institute of Health. Overall, we read, from 24 August 2021 to 28 June 2022, 587,347 cases of reinfection were reported, equal to 4% of the total number of cases notified.
– The Basilicata region announces that the data relating to Covid-19 cases in home isolation and the healed, reported today in the related fields under review on the regional Covid-19 platform and will be updated as soon as consolidated.
– The Campania region announces that following the checks carried out, it appears that the three deaths recorded today date back to a period between 20/06 and 27/06 2022.
– The Friuli Venezia Giulia region announces that the total number of positive cases has been reduced by 5 cases following 2 negative molecular swabs after positive antigen tests and 3 positive tests removed after reviewing the cases.
– The Public Administration of Bolzano announces that of the 578 new positives, 10 derive from antigenic tests confirmed by molecular tests.
– The Region of Sicily announces that of the total number of confirmed cases communicated today, n. 1248 relate to days prior to 01/07/22 and that the deaths recorded today date back to the following days: n.4 to 06/30/2022, n.2 to 06/29/2022 and n.1 to 28 / 06/2022.
– The Umbria region announces that 5 of the non-ICU admissions belong to the discipline codes of Obstetrics & Gynecology and Pediatrics and that 49 of the non-ITU admissions belong to other discipline codes.
– The Veneto region announces that in the values reported for intensive care there was a temporal misalignment of the information flow therefore by convention 2 discharged from IT were reported instead of no. 5 effective which also includes the negativized
July 2, 2022 (change July 2, 2022 | 5:55 pm)
© REPRODUCTION RESERVED
#Covid #Italy #todays #July #bulletin #cases #deaths