Russian President Vladimir Putin signed on Monday a decree for the First call to rows of 2025, which will affect 160,000 Russians, 10,000 more than last year. Citizens summoned will have to turn twelve months of mandatory military service.
“Make between April 1 and July 15, 2025 the call to the military service of Russian citizens in ages between 18 and 30, “says the document published on the Russian State Legal Information Portal. On January 1, 2024, changes in the recruitment system, which They established a maximum age of 30 years, greater than that of 27 of previous years.
The initiative to increase the age of military service was proposed at the end of 2022 by the then Russian Minister of Defense, Serguéi Shoigú, after hundreds of thousands of men of military age abandon Russia Following the mobilization decreed by Putin in September 2022 to reinforce Russian troops in Ukraine.
The head of the Duma Defense Committee (Chamber of Deputies) Russian, Andréi Kartapógolv, has declared the Interfax agency on Monday That the recruits “They will not be sent to the special military operation” in Ukraine, although that promise was already breached by the authorities.
At least 25 recruits have died in fighting in the Kursk region, partially occupied by Ukrainian troops since August 2024, according to independent media. In addition, according to human rights organizations, many are forced to Sign Professional Contracts against your will with the Armed Forces To fight in the neighboring country.
Putin said a few days ago that the Russian army has the initiative throughout the Ukrainian front, although, he admitted– Moscow does not fully control any of the four annexed Ukrainian regions.
#Putin #signs #decree #call #rulos #years