The Government Board of the Community Fire Extinguishing Consortium approves the budgets for this year, amounting to 30.8 million, 26 of them for personnel expenses and another three for works in parks and the construction of new centers
The Governing Board of the Community Fire Extinguishing Consortium has approved this year’s budget, which amounts to 30.8 million euros, of which 2.5 million will go to the call for 79 new firefighter positions in 2022. That money is integrated into the item for personnel expenses that amounts to 26 million. «The call was a claim that has been coming for a long time and is a commitment that the regional government has acquired. Now, with the signing of the budget, this process begins, which we hope will conclude as soon as possible with the incorporation of the troops,” said the Emergency Counselor, Antonio Luengo. Likewise, he highlighted the three million for the improvement of infrastructures in the different CEIS fire stations in the Region, such as Cieza and La Manga, as well as the start of construction of the San Pedro del Pinatar and The Alcazars.
The accounts foresee the beginning of the construction of the facilities in Sn Pedro del Pinatar and in Los Alcázares
The counselor explained that the situation regarding the coverage of the emergency personnel currently needed in the Consortium has been updated. In an appearance before the media after the meeting, he recalled that the bases of the 2021 call have been presented, with three specialist firefighter-driver positions, to which the replacement of those that remain vacant will be added. «On June 4, the consolidation of 22 places was also published. We are working with the unions to prepare the bases to be able to carry out this call as quickly as possible.
Another of the measures that the Ministry is addressing is the establishment of emergency job banks to cover specific needs, something that will be negotiated with the unions at a meeting scheduled for Tuesday afternoon. In addition, overtime will be extended for those firefighters who require it.
cover all services
Last weekend there were complaints on social networks about the abandonment that had occurred in some fire stations, such as the one in Cieza, since the troops had to move to Cehegín to extinguish a fire declared in a company.
Minister Luengo recalled that the bases of the 2021 call have been presented, with three driver seats
“It is a reality that we need to have more personnel to adequately cover all services, and we are working to achieve that goal. The signing of this budget is essential to convene the 79 places we need, “said Luengo, who claimed not to have any information about the complaint filed with the Prosecutor’s Office earlier this month by the PSOE against the Community to investigate an alleged crime omission of the duty of assistance due to the current situation of the CEIS.
#Green #light #game #million #summon #firefighter #positions