Acting head of Yekaterinburg Alexey Orlov named the cause of the death of people in a fire in a residential building, reports TASS.
So, the main reason was the poisoning of people with carbon monoxide, in addition, there was strong smoke in the entrance.
“If people went out onto the balconies and stayed in their apartments, the firefighters would evacuate everyone,” Orlov said.
Recall that the fire happened on the night of January 12 in a nine-story building on the outskirts of Yekaterinburg. The deaths of eight people, including a child, were reported, and about 90 residents were evacuated from the burning building due to heavy smoke.
It was established that a fire broke out in an apartment on the second floor, its area was 30 square meters. m. According to preliminary data, the fire occurred due to careless handling of fire.
Earlier it was reported that the police identified the three victims. The Investigative Committee of the Russian Federation in the Sverdlovsk region opened a criminal case under the article “Causing death by negligence of two or more persons.”
In turn, the governor of the Sverdlovsk region Yevgeny Kuyvashev ordered to provide all the necessary assistance to the families of those killed and injured in the fire.