The Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d’Este 2022which was held on Saturday 22 May in Grand Hotel of Cernobbioon the banks of the Lake Como. In the famous beauty contest the Bugatti 57 S was declared the overall winner of the 2022 edition. The convertible built in 1937 owned by the Monegasque Andrew Picker was awarded the honor of “Best of Show” by the jury of experts.
Villa d’Este 2022 competition, the winner
The overall winner of the Villa d’Este 2022 Competition was the Bugatti 57 S from 1937, which received the prestigious award BMW Group Trophy and the title of Best of Showafter the evaluations of the jury of experts.
There convertible winner of the Villa d’Este 2022 Competition, it was built in 1937 and is owned by the Monegasque Andrew Picker.
Villa d’Este Competition Awards 2022
There Gold Cup with the public vote it went instead to the futuristic Aston Martin Bulldog from 1979. Another Bugatti, the Bolide of 2020got the Design Award reserved for modern concept cars and prototypes.
The reserved ASI award for the best preserved post-war car, it was awarded to the Maserati A6GCS MM from 1954.
Registered in the Class E titled “Win Sunday, Sell Monday” and reserved for sports cars suitable for both competition and road use, this Maserati made its racing debut at the Dakar Grand Prix of 1955to then play two One thousand milesin 1955 and 1956.
Subsequently, in 1958, the bodywork was updated with the intervention of the specialist Fantuzzi from Modena, who made it more aerodynamic by adopting shapes similar to those of the 200 S model.
Concorso d’Eleganza of Villa d’Este what it is
The Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d’Este is an elegance contest for car bodies that has been held every year since 1929 on the banks of the Lake Comoto Villa d’Este. The main prize, called the Gold Cup, is awarded to the car with the more beautiful bodyworkchosen through a referendum among the visitors of the competition.
The event is jointly organized by BMW Group Classic and from Grand Hotel Villa d’Este. 51 cars were registered this year divided into seven categories. Below all the historic cars awarded in Cernobbio.
BMW Group Best of Show by the Jury Trophy
- Bugatti 57 S 1937 Cabriolet, Vanvooren – Andrew Pisker (MC)
Classe A The golden Age of Elegance: The Art Deco Era of Motor Car Design
- Bugatti 57 S 1937 Cabriolet, Vanvooren Andrew Pisker (MC)
- Cord 812 Phaeton 1936 Convertible Phaeton – Central Manufacturing The JBS Collection Jack B. Smith Jr. (US)
B-Class Kompressor! The Supercharged Mercedes-Benz
- Mercedes-Benz 540 K Cabriolet A 1936 Cabriolet, Mercedes-Benz – Hans Hulsbergen (CH)
- Mercedes-Benz 540 K Spezial-Roadster 1936 Roadster, Mercedes-Benz – Richard Workman (US)
Classe C Celebrating 150 Seasons at Villa d’Este: How grand Entrances were once made
- Chrysler Boano Coupé Speciale 1956 Coupé, Boano – Stephen Bruno (US)
- Siata 208S 1953 Spider, Motto – Jan De Reu (BE)
Classe D The Cavallino at 75: Eight Decades of Ferrari represented in eight Icons
- Ferrari 365 P Berlinetta Speciale Three Seater 1966 Coupé, Pininfarina – RQ Collections (US)
- Ferrari 250 GT Zagato 1956 Coupé, Zagato – David Sydorick (US)
E-Class Born for the Racetrack: “Win on Sunday, sell on Monday”
- Porsche 356 B Carrera Abarth GTL 1961 Coupé, Viarenzo & Filliponi – Robert A. Ingram (US)
- Maserati MC12 – 2004 Coupé, Maserati – Frank Gelf (DE)
F-Class 50 Years of Mean Machinery: BMW’s M Cars and their Ancestors
- BMW 3.0 CSL 1972 Coupe, Karmann Michael Ulbig (DE)
- BMW 320 Gruppe 5 1978 Coupé, BMW Mast-Jägermeister SE (DE)
G-Class Breaking the Speed Barrier: Pioneers that chased the magic 300 kph
- Porsche 959 Sport 1989 Coupé, Porsche – Andreas Gundermann (DE)
- Citroen SM 1971 Coupé, Citroën – Thierry Dehaeck (BE)
Concorso d’Eleganza Design Award for Concept Cars & Prototypes By Public Referendum
- Bugatti Bolide 2020 Track only Hyper Car, Bugatti Automobiles SAS – Bugatti Automobiles SAS
Gold Cup Villa d’Este Best of Show by Public Referendum
- Aston Martin Bulldog 1979 Coupé, Tickford – Philip Sarofim (US)
BMW M Trophy For the most powerful car
- Ferrari F40 LM 1993 Coupé, Michelotto – Stefan Näf (CH)
FIVA Trophy For the best preserved pre-war car
- Bugatti Type 59 Sports 1934 Open Racecar, Bugatti – Fritz Burkard (CH)
ASI Trophy For the best preserved post-war car
- Maserati A6 GCS MM 1954 Barchetta, Fiandri / Fantuzzi – Ulrich Schumacher (LI)
Trofeo Automobile Club Cernobbio For the car driven from farthest away
- Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Roadster 1960 Roadster, Mercedes-Benz -Erich Oswald (DE)
Vranken Pommery Trophy For the best iconic car
- Mercedes-Benz 710 SS 1929 – Rennsport Convertible, Mercedes-Benz – Eric van Lammeren (DE)
Auto & Design Trophy For the most exciting design
- Ferrari 365 P Berlinetta Speciale Three Seater 1966 – Coupé, Pininfarina – RQ Collections (US)
BMW Group Classic Trophy For the most sensitive restoration
- Cord 812 Phaeton 1936 – Convertible Phaeton, Central Manufacturing – The JBS Collection Jack B. Smith Jr. (US)
Photo Concorso d’Eleganza of Villa d’Este 2022
You might be interested in (indeed I recommend it):
Historic car races
Historic cars historic models
Auto events, fairs, demonstrations, expo
Meetings of car enthusiasts
Historic classic sports car magazine ELABORATE Classic
The article Concorso Villa d’Este 2022, the most beautiful winning cars in the world comes from NEWSAUTO.it.
#Villa #dEste #Competition #beautiful #winning #cars #world