Green Chancellor candidate Annalena Baerbock has hit the headlines several times in the past few weeks. A survey now shows: many Germans would prefer Robert Habeck.
Berlin – Chancellor candidate Annalena Baerbock had to struggle with clear headwinds in the past few weeks. The plagiarism affair surrounding her book in particular had drawn many critics into the headlines. While Chancellor candidate Armin Laschet visited the affected flood area in North Rhine-Westphalia on Saturday, Chancellor candidate Baerbock also decided to visit the site. However, the Green candidate had waived the press. But despite everything, more than a third of Germans are in favor of the Greens switching to another horse at the last minute.
Survey: A third of Germans want Robert Habeck to be a candidate for chancellor
As a survey by the opinion research institute YouGov on behalf of the German Press Agency found, more than a third of Germans want the Green Chancellor candidate Annalena Baerbock to be replaced by her co-party chairman Robert Habeck in the middle of the election campaign. Around 35 percent had therefore spoken out in favor. Only 24 percent believed that Baerbock should remain a candidate for chancellor. 41 percent did not provide any information.
Baerbock has come under fire because her book “Jetzt. How we are renewing our country ”find striking linguistic similarities to other publications. In addition, she had delayed the party’s special payments to the Bundestag. The party and candidate also had to correct information in Baerbock’s curriculum vitae.
Annalena Baerbock: Green Chancellor candidate has lost approval
After a high immediately after Baerbock’s nomination as candidate for chancellor, the Greens have clearly lost approval in the election polls. Habeck, who had long been traded as a candidate for chancellor, has started the discussion about replacing Baerbock in the Süddeutsche Zeitung however, referred to as “Kokolores”.
The supporters of the Greens still outweigh the sympathies for Baerbock. Here she is in the YouGov survey with 54 to 32 percent ahead of Habeck. The voters of the left would also rather want Baerbock to continue as a candidate for chancellor (36 to 33 percent). For all other parties represented in the Bundestag, the desire for a change of candidate prevails.