Green transition, the fever from renewables also infects Piazza Affari: rally on the Stock Exchange also for Alerion
Energy transition, carbon neutrality and entrepreneurial reorganization: green business also infects the listed market. The energy giant kicked off the trend Falck Renewables, which just a month ago announced its reorganization at a price that literally has “split” the market (we talked about it here).
Infrastructure Investments Fund will in fact take over 60% of the group led by Toni Volpe, launching a takeover bid on the remaining 40%, at the price of 8.81 euros per share, corresponding to a multiple Ev / Ebitda 2021 of approximately 18 times, according to the calculations of the analysts of Mediobanca Securities. A number never seen in the energy sector, used to turning – among the big energy companies and multi-utilities – around 7.
The road dictated by the energy transition is obligatory and the enormous liquidity in circulation favors more rounded valuations, but to see a green operator change hands in multiples close to those of a luxury company, Lvmh to make a name, it has a certain effect, it argues among the traders of Business Square.
But Falck it is not the only one to have reached these heights. Alerion, a company active in the production and sale of electricity from renewable sources, it is very close with an Ev / Ebitda that is close to 16 times. Fruit of a rally of the Stock Exchange, albeit favored by the low free float, which saw the stock go from € 3 at the beginning of 2020 to over € 10 a year later and to € 24.5 at yesterday’s closing.
From the announcement of deal from Falck, Alerion flew by another 50%, as if the market had already identified what could be the next target, even if for now nothing is on the table and there are no ongoing processes.
#Stock #exchange #boom #green #Falcks #takeover #bid #fever #renewables #rises