In September, the TV series La Tamburina, the spy story based on the novel of the same name by John le Carrè and directed by Park Chan-wook, will be broadcast on Sky’s laF channel. The six episodes that make up the series will tell the story of Charlie, a young British actress hired in 1979 as a spy infiltrated by the Mossad. Let’s find out the plot and the cast together.
Based on the bestseller of the same name John le Carrè, La Tamburina is the signed TV series BBC / AMC which will debut on Sky starting from September, broadcast on the F, channel 135. In addition, the six episodes of the series will be available On Demand on Sky, Sky Go And NOW.
The tv series is one spy story directed by the Korean director Park Chan-wook, known for its famous Revenge trilogy, consisting of Mr. Vendetta, Old Boy and Lady Vendetta.
La Tamburina: the plot
Charlie Ross she is a young woman actress English who is recruited by Mossad like infiltrated spy In the 1979. Charlie’s job will be to get inside a Palestinian terrorist group which operates in Europe and will end up involved in a series of terrorist plots And intrigues that will take her to unknown corners of the political dynamics of those times.
Read also: Intergalactic debuts on Sky: first images, plot and cast
To top it all there will be the difficulty of finding the right balance between love and spying, in the midst of twists and treachery.
The cast of La Tamburina is composed by:
- Florence Pugh (Little Women) as Charmian “Charlie” Ross, a young English actress who was hired as a spy in 1979;
- Alexander Skarsgård (Big Little Lies) as Gadi Becker, a mysterious man Charlie meets on vacation and is later revealed to be an Israeli intelligence officer;
- Michael Shannon (Revolutionary Road, Nocturnal Animals) as Martin Kurtz, an Israeli spy who works for an underground agency;
- Michael Moshonov in the role of Shimon Litvak;
- Simona Brown in the role of Rachel;
- Jeff Wilbusch in the role of Anton Mesterbein;
- Clare Holman in the role of Miss Bach;
- Daniel Litman in the role of Daniel.