Maintaining the refusal to issue a position regarding bullfighting, the head of government claudia sheinbaum spoke out because the ban on bullfights in CDMX decides for referendum.
In his press conference, Sheinbaum stated that the future of the bullfighting in the capital it is something that the majority of the inhabitants of the capital should decide, although it would not be his administration that requests it, since he pointed out that both the consultation and the debate around bullfighting is something that would correspond to the Mexico City Congress.
This, after on June 2 the deputies of his party, Brunette“threw” the session of the Animal Welfare Commission of the CDMX Congress in which the vote would be passed to the plenary session the opinion that would definitively prohibit bullfights in the country’s capital.
After that, even the legislative committee asked the Board of Directors of the CDMX Congress the removal of the four morenistas from said commission, as well as an exhortation to carry out their work, since the deputies accumulated four consecutive absences, despite the fact that the initiative returned to commissions to include their proposal that the end to the bullfighting was gradual.
“It seems important to me that a consultation be made, that it be discussed in society and a consultation be made, now the judge comes forward and makes this definitive suspension, but on our part, it is already going to be the private ones, the square of bulls who does all the corresponding legal process. Neither against nor in favor, but simply what the citizens say and this challenge was made through the process of the council itself, “said Sheinbaum.
And it is that just on Friday Judge Jonathan Bass ordered the definitive suspension of permits for shows with bulls in the mayor Benito Juarezwhich houses the Bullring Mexicoafter a circuit court ruled in favor of the Government of Mexico City, which appealed the protection requested by the company Taurus Plaza Mexicoagainst the temporary suspension of Bass, and that Sheinbaum now affirmed that it was the action of the Legal Advice capital, after on May 31 he denied that the challenge had come from his government.
While, despite everything, the Sheinbaum administration has avoided giving a position on the matter on several occasions, the most recent, until this morning, had been by Marti BatresGovernment Secretary (Secgob), who this Sunday refused to talk about the subject.
We recommend you read:
“We are going to see with the Legal Department what steps have been taken in this regard, why certain responses, but there is a debate that goes further and we are attentive to that debate, we are respectful of that debate and of the positions that are have expressed on this issue,” said Batres regarding the challenge won by the CDMX Government.
#Sheinbaum #future #bullfighting #CDMX #decided #popular #consultation