Welcome once again to People cook, the section in which well-known people who do not belong to the world of gastronomy demonstrate their culinary skills. Or put another way: celebrities cooking, and me watching. Characters such as Samantha Hudson, Kike García and Abi López from El Mundo Today, Ladilla Rusa or Victoria Martín from Stretching El Chicle have passed through here, but never in this kitchen has there been so much makeup, so much high heels and so much hair.
Our guests today are Sharonne Y Venedita Von Dashtwo of our favorite divas from the show Drag Race Spain and the show Grand Hotel of the Queens. They have prepared us a wonderful quiche that has oatmeal, chard, dried tomato, tofu and a lot of other healthy ingredients, and that does not need an egg to be delicious. After trying it, will we tell them shantay you stay or sashay you go? The answer is in the video above.
VEGETABLE DRAG QUICHE BY SHARONNE AND VENEDITA VON DÄSH
- 300 g chard
- 1 block of firm tofu
- 6 dried tomatoes in oil
- 2 sheets of kombu seaweed
- 1 spring onion
- Soy sauce
- 100 ml of soy milk (or any vegetable drink)
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- garlic powder
- Olive oil
- feta cheese cubes (optional)
- Brewer’s yeast (optional)
- ground almond (optional)
- 150g oatmeal
- 100g wholemeal flour
- 50ml olive oil
- Garlic and onion powder
- salt and black pepper
- Separate the leaves from the chard leaves. Chop them separately.
- Boil water in a saucepan with a couple of sheets of kombu seaweed. Add about two thirds of the tofu and a splash of soy sauce, and cook for about 25 minutes over low heat.
- Drain the remaining piece of tofu well by wrapping it in kitchen paper and pressing gently to release some of its liquid. Chop it into cubes.
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Heat a splash of olive oil in a frying pan. Add the chopped onion and sauté over medium heat until softened.
- Chop the dried tomatoes and add them to the onion. Continue frying for about 5 more minutes.
- Add the diced tofu and a drizzle of the oil from the dried tomatoes. Leave it for a couple of minutes and add the chard. Sauté about 10 minutes.
- While the chard is cooking, prepare the quiche base. Mix the oatmeal with hot water to form a paste. Add the wholemeal flour and olive oil and knead. Season with garlic and onion powder and salt and pepper to taste.
- Grease a 25 cm round mold with oil and spread the dough over the base and sides. Bake about 25 minutes or until slightly toasted.
- Mash the block of tofu that was cooking with about 100 ml of soy milk, and season it with turmeric, garlic powder, salt and pepper. If it looks too thick, add a little more soy milk.
- Mix this cream with the chard, and pour it all over the baked base.
- Dip a few cubes of cheese in the mixture or sprinkle it on top with brewer’s yeast and ground almonds (or make half and half).
- Cook au gratin for five minutes, unmold, let cool and serve.
#Sharonne #Venedita #von #Däshs #recipe #vegetable #drag #quiche