Bank customers using SBI debit cards may face some problems from September 18. Especially those account holders whose mobile number is not updated. This is because the country’s largest bank has made OTP mandatory from September 18 to withdraw 10000 or more ATMs. Earlier this rule was from eight o’clock in the night to eight o’clock in the morning. Hence the bank has asked all its customers to update the mobile number. Let us know how SBI account holders can add or update mobile numbers from their account …
Also read: Changing rules for withdrawing money from SBI ATM, OTP required for withdrawal above 10000 from tomorrow
1. Online way to update mobile number
- First of all go to the State Bank website www.onlinesbi.com and login.
- After this, Profile-Personal Details-Change mobile No. Go to
- Here My Accounts will appear on the left corner, click on it
- Now a new page will open, enter account number and mobile number in it and click on submit button
- After this, the last two digits of your mobile number will start appearing.
- After this the mapping status will be given to your registered mobile number.
note: If you are not yet registered for internet banking, you can update the online mobile number using your ATM. Debit Card details. To register click here you have to go to the option and follow its instructions.
2. How to update mobile number through ATM
- Go to your nearest ATM
- Choose the registration option from the available options
- Enter your atm pin
- Choose the mobile number registration option from the options that appear on the screen
- Choose Change Mobile Number from the options that appear on the screen
- You will be asked to enter your old mobile number and confirm it.
- Post that you will be asked to enter a new mobile number and confirm it
- Various OTPs will be sent to both new and old mobile numbers
- The following message:
- Please send the OTP and reference number received from SMS as well as new
- The current mobile number in the following format is ACTIVATE IOTP VALUE + REF
- 567676 Number Your mobile number will be updated within 4 hours.
3. How to update the mobile number from the bank branch
Apart from this, you go to the bank branch and write a letter to update your mobile number. The bank will link or update your mobile number after necessary verification. By doing this you will receive an SMS on your registered mobile number about the status of the update on your mobile.
Why OTP is important
Explain that in view of strengthening ATM security system and security of customers, State Bank of India started OTP based cash withdrawal from January 1, 2020 through SBI ATM between 8 am and 8 am to withdraw Rs 10,000. Had. Now the bank has expanded into this and from September 18, 2020, SBI customers across the country will now be OTPed for withdrawals of 10,000 and more to their registered mobile number, which they will enter every time with their debit card PIN. Implementing this facility throughout the day will help SBI debit card holders to avoid fraudsters, unauthorized withdrawals, card skimming, card cloning.