On consoles, PS5 improves its numbers and Xbox Series X | S continues to rise in stores.
This time there are news in the top sales Japan, dominated June 21-27 by Mario Golf: Super Rush, although the accumulated between different editions allows to place Samurai Warriors 5 as the best-selling video game of this period. Specifically, the last installment of the Koei Tecmo series had some purchases of 94,366 copies in physical format, most of it on PS4, while Mario Golf: Super Rush for Nintendo Switch remained in a meritorious 80,430 units.
To put it in situation, the latest installment in the series has sold twice as much as the one that preceded it, Mario Golf: World Tour for Nintendo 3DS released in 2014.
Information shared by Gematsu via 4A Gamer, also leaves us among the headlines a somewhat more modest premiere of Scarlet Nexus, with 31,168 video games being the PS4 edition the most lucrative for Bandai Namco. The Legend of Nayuta: Boundless Trails and The Caligula Effect 2 also appear lower in the top-10.
The list of best-selling consoles of the week once again leaves us with the growth of Xbox Series X | S, this time driven by Xbox Series S. Thus, Microsoft’s family of consoles went from 3,684 units last week to 4,113. PS5 continues with its variations in the number of purchases and this time increases its numbers from 15,346 to 23,438 consoles, an insufficient figure to question the leadership of Nintendo Switch, which remains stable at about 75,000 devices sold.
Game sales (running total)
- [NSW] Mario Golf: Super Rush (Nintendo) – 80,430 (New)
- [PS4] Samurai Warriors 5 (Koei Tecmo) – 55,675 (New)
- [NSW] Samurai Warriors 5 (Koei Tecmo) – 38,691 (New)
- [NSW] Game Builder Garage (Nintendo) – 23,280 (126,008)
- [PS4] Scarlet Nexus (Bandai Namco) – 20,160 (New)
- [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure (Nintendo) – 13,756 (2,654,669)
- [NSW] Minecraft (Microsoft) – 11,888 (2,019,432)
- [PS4] The Legend of Nayuta: Boundless Trails (Falcom) – 11,230 (New)
- [PS5] Scarlet Nexus (Bandai Namco1) – 11.008 (New)
- [NSW] The Caligula Effect 2 (FuRyu) – 10,243 (New)
Console sales in Japan (running total)
- Switch – 58,864 (16,424,721)
- Switch Lite – 14,087 (3,917,110)
- PlayStation 5 – 20,031 (718,451)
- PlayStation 5 Digital Edition – 3,407 (140,132)
- Xbox Series X – 2,672 (41,998)
- PlayStation 4 – 2,548 (7,795,350)
- Xbox Series S – 1,441 (14,626)
- New 2DS XL (includes 2DS) – 519 (1,166,619)
More about: Samurai Warriors 5, Japan Sales and Mario Golf Super Rush.