In these days of extreme heat, a cold soup is blessed glory. And not only we think so: also the dozens of people who have sent us their recipe for this starter in the Guest Foodist contest. All the proposals were made with seasonal fruit and vegetables, which is undoubtedly one more incentive to consume them in these days when a consommé feels worse than a letter from the Treasury.
The level in the fifth edition of the contest has been very high. It is not to be more compliments than a forgotten yogurt, we are totally serious. So much so, that we have not been able to decide on a single first prize, so we have had to give it ex aequo to the zucchini and melon soup that Berta Vázquez sent us, and to the soup Barbie of beet, by Juan Pablo Agusil, which we will publish in August.
The two winners will be able to stick a summer tribute with the prize: a fantabulous lot for each product from our dear store Petra Mora valued at 186 euros. This pack consists of 26 different products, among which are its extra virgin olive oilits cream cheesetheir confit piquillo peppers or the Rioja Rosalba red wine. And also other foods from Petra Mora’s own livestock, such as beefsteak.
Like most soups, the elaboration does not require being a family of the Roca or the Adrià. The main thing is that the products are fresh and good and know how to combine their flavors, as Berta proposes in her recipe. Although she says adding pistachios is optional, she is commissioner ensures that the crunchy touch of the dried fruit suits him very well. So let’s pay attention to it and prepare this summer starter at home.
REFRESHING ZUCCHINI, MELON AND COCONUT MILK SOUP
for 4 people
- 1 medium zucchini (about 400-500 g)
- 500 g of melon (already peeled)
- 1 can of coconut milk (coconut milk can be used if you want it lighter)
- A bunch of mint or spearmint (to taste but more or less about 15/20 leaves)
- The juice of one lime
- Chopped pistachios (optional)
- salt and curry powder
- Dice the zucchini and cook until tender. You can sauté it in the pan with salt and a little curry or cook it directly in the microwave in a covered container if you don’t want to turn on the heat. Once it is tender, let cool.
- Cut the melon into cubes, chop the mint (you can start with less quantity and add more depending on the taste of each one). Blend it together with the zucchini and coconut milk.
- Season with salt, add the juice of half a lime and refrigerate.
- To decorate, add a tablespoon of coconut milk on top of each plate, a few more drops of lime and the chopped pistachio. Serve very cold.
If your recipe has not been one of the winners, do not worry. The Guest Comidista contest will return soon with a different challenge, but with the same objective: that you can be the protagonist of this website for a day.
You can consult the bases of the contest here.
#Refreshing #zucchini #melon #coconut #milk #soup