MADRID (Reuters) – Real Madrid will criminally and civilly sue Spanish league president Javier Tebas and CVC Capital Partners boss Javier de Jaime Guijarro over the proposed €2.7 billion deal, the club said. this Tuesday.
Real Madrid also said it will initiate legal action to block approval of the agreement, which must be voted on by league members.
Last week, the league said the deal would strengthen their clubs and give them funds to spend on new infrastructure and modernization projects, as well as increase what they can spend on players’ salaries.
But Real and Barcelona are steadfastly opposed to the deal, as it gives CVC a 10% share of the league’s future television broadcasting rights.
Tebas reacted to the statement with a Twitter message in which he criticized Real President Florentino Pérez for using “threatening methods”.
CVC Capital Partners was not immediately available for comment.
Also last week, Barcelona president Joan Laporta said the deal is like “mortgaging the clubs’ rights for the next half century” and would reject it, although the contract would have helped ease the Catalans’ financial problems and allowed them to renew with Lionel Messi, who left the team.
(by Nathan Allen)
+ Until 2019, there were more people in prisons than on the Brazilian stock exchange
+ Geisy complains about social media censorship: “Instagram is chasing me”
+ Aloe gel in the drink: see the benefits
+ Nicole Bahls had already been warned about her ex-husband’s infidelity
+ Lemon-squeezing trick becomes a craze on social media
+ Chef playmate creates aphrodisiac recipe for Orgasm Day
+ Mercedes-Benz Sprinter wins motorhome version
+ Anorexia, an eating disorder that can lead to death
+ US agency warns: never wash raw chicken meat
+ Yasmin Brunet breaks the silence
+ Shark is captured in MA with the remains of youngsters missing in the stomach