From August 6, the first season of Cruel Summer will be available on Amazon Prime Video. The TV series follows two girls over the course of three summers in the 1990s in a small Texas town. Let’s find out the plot and the cast together.
Cruel Summer is an American TV series created by Bert V. Royal, which first aired on Freeform in April 2021 and available on Amazon Prime Video from August 6.
The tv series has already been renewed for one second season, as announced by Freeform on the occasion of the final episode of the first season.
Cruel Summer: the plot
The TV series is set in a small town in the Texas in the a1990s and follows two young women over the course of three summers. Kate Wallis is a popular and much loved girl who one day disappears without a trace while Jeanette Turner she is an outcast and clumsy peer whose life is turned upside down by this story.
Once found still alive, Kate accuses Jeanette of having witnessed her kidnapping but of not reporting, to the point of making her become the most despised person in America.
Read also: Prime Video, Them: date, plot and cast
Between legal disputes and situations that will jeopardize friendships, family ties and relationships, there is making its way truth behind the affair.
The two protagonists Kate Wallis And Jeanette Turner are respectively interpreted by Olivia Holt And Chiara Aurelia. The rest of the characters present in the TV series and their respective interpreters are:
- Jamie Henson, interpreted by Froy Gutierrez, Kate’s boyfriend;
- Mallory Higgins, played by Harley Quinn Smith, one of Jeanette’s best friends;
- Angela Prescott, played by Brooklyn Sudano, a bar owner and Greg’s new girlfriend;
- Martin Harris, interpreted by Blake Lee, the new vice-principal of Skylin High School;
- Fuller wins, interpreted by Allius Barne, one of Jeanette’s best friends;
- Ben Hallowell, interpreted by Nathaniel Ashton, Jamie’s best friend;
- Greg Turner, interpreted by Michael Landes, Jeanette and Derek’s father, Cindy’s ex-husband and Angela’s boyfriend.