After the holidays many have to spend many hours away from home and this can affect their animals
With the end of summer, many have to go back to the office and forget about their vacations. Although many choose September as their vacation month, it soon ends and they have to get back to normal. Everyone finds it difficult to return to work, especially if you leave someone you love at home. Although it is difficult at first, people tend to get used to the routine as the days go by, but it is much more difficult for pets.
After having a long season of a lot of activity with their owners, in which different customs have been established, this can cause them to face their new routine with anxiety, lack of appetite, destructive behaviors or sudden movements, as explained by Tiendanimal, specialists in all kinds of pet products. To prevent the return to work of your relatives from causing these feelings, you must follow a series of recommendations.
Tips so that pets do not suffer the return to work of their owners
1. Gradually accustom your pet to solitude during the working day. Your dog or cat will notice the change much more if you do it drastically. For example, it is recommended that if your pet is going to spend long hours alone at home when you are at work, prepare them a few days before with short periods of time at home, giving them greater independence during this time. In addition, it is advisable that you have your favorite toys and jelly beans so that the waiting time becomes more enjoyable, once the day has begun.
2. Regulate your needs. After the alteration in the schedules and their place of residence, it is possible that your pet has lost the habit that it had so assumed days before. For this reason, it is recommended to progressively recover the usual walking schedules.
3. Return to normal eating. When you return to the routine after work, you should establish more appropriate hours and recommended amounts for your pet, avoiding the excesses so typical of summer. In this way, you will ensure that your animal is in the best conditions.
4. Return to regular physical activity. You can set a game and activity time to dedicate to your pet to avoid anxiety or stress. Tiendanimal recommends not falling into a sedentary lifestyle and, as far as possible, offering them activities and entertainment that keep them active. During the first few weeks, it is advisable to make a small effort and get up earlier to take the dog for a leisurely walk, letting it play with other animals.
5. Observe his mood. What for people means a return to routine, for pets means spending more time at home. This can lead to problems like separation anxiety, which can be easily treated in most cases.
6. Stay alert to possible diseases. After a vacation time, in which you and your pet have been exposed to different environments and possible conditions, they can suffer from any disease. It is recommended to do a complete veterinary check-up to detect any type of disease or health problem
#Practical #advice #pets #suffer #owners #return #work