The organization of the national campaign ‘Fora Bolsonaro’ decided last Wednesday, 25th, to transfer the protest against the federal government and the Grito dos Excluídos act on the holiday to Vale do Anhangabaú, in the central region of São Paulo. With the decision, the opposition ends a dispute over the use of Avenida Paulista, where a demonstration is scheduled for the holiday in favor of President Jair Bolsonaro and against Supreme Court justices, including members who defend the closing of the Court.
“We think it’s not worth it to keep insisting on doing the act in Paulista, because the 7th is approaching”, says the national coordinator of the Frente Brasil Popular, Raimundo Bonfim, one of the organizers of the marches against Bolsonaro. “We needed to make a political decision: either we stayed with this intention to continue fighting for Paulista or we changed locations.”
Bonfim highlighted the history of protests in the Anhangabaú Valley in the 1980s by Diretas Já, in which he himself participated as a young man. “Vale has a very strong symbolism of the struggle for democracy,” he said.
Organizers must now schedule meetings with the City Hall and Public Security agencies to ensure that the act is carried out without the risk of violence. For the Avenida Paulista act, in favor of Bolsonaro, caravans of military police officers and supporters from various regions of the country are being called.
The command of the 11th Military Police Battalion had already indicated that Avenida Paulista would be reserved for a government demonstration ten days ago, after the organization of the campaign against Bolsonaro announced that it intended to occupy the avenue on the same day. On Monday, 23, the position of the PM was confirmed by Governor João Doria (PSDB) in an interview with the program Wheel of Life, from TV Cultura.
Opposition protesters were angered after the governor said that the acts against Bolsonaro would focus on September 12th. The campaign coordination stressed that the cancellation of the acts against Bolsonaro on the 7th was not considered, and that the debate on the use of Avenida Paulista did not involve the protest on the 12th.
“The national day of mobilization is maintained (on the 7th), we had an impasse mainly in São Paulo and Brasília (in relation to the event location), where the Pocketnaristas are calling a demonstration, but in other cities this does not exist and the protests are organized normally”, says coordinator Josué Rocha, from the Homeless Workers Movement (MTST). “Doria’s position, from the first moment, was in denial of our possibility of manifestation.”
+ Until 2019, there were more people in prisons than on the Brazilian stock exchange
+ Geisy complains about social media censorship: “Instagram is chasing me”
+ Aloe gel in the drink: see the benefits
+ Nicole Bahls had already been warned about her ex-husband’s infidelity
+ Lemon-squeezing trick becomes a craze on social media
+ Chef playmate creates aphrodisiac recipe for Orgasm Day
+ Mercedes-Benz Sprinter wins motorhome version
+ Anorexia, an eating disorder that can lead to death
+ US agency warns: never wash raw chicken meat
+ Yasmin Brunet breaks the silence
+ Shark is captured in MA with the remains of youngsters missing in the stomach