The head of the Buenos Aires Government, Horacio Rodríguez Larreta, announced this Thursday what will be the easing of the restrictions imposed to contain infections, in the framework of the coronavirus pandemic. From the headquarters of the Executive, in Parque Patricios, the president confirmed that 15 of the 35 subway stations reopen that remain closed, and that will be enabled social gatherings of up to 10 people in open places of private houses and common spaces of buildings. They will also be able to return to attend in their professional offices such as accountants, lawyers or architects.
The City supports the decision of openings based on the “evidence of the epidemiological situation. The decline in cases continued to consolidate. The daily average dropped from 2,500 to 1,100Larreta said, adding that the R, the contagion rate, remains below one, at 0.98.
Another indicator is the intensive care bed occupancy of the public sector. According to official figures, it continues to decline, although at a slow pace, and went from 81% at the worst moment of the peak of infections in the second wave, to 43% today.
“Beyond these data, we have to continue taking care of ourselves. We are going to continue strengthening the health system and the testing strategy. And now that the holidays are coming we are going to implement five new centers in which there will not be a turn to be tested “Rodríguez Larreta stressed.
The head of the Buenos Aires Government, Horacio Rodríguez Larreta, announced together with officials the relaxation of the restrictions due to the coronavirus in the City.
- The social encounters in the public space they will be allowed with a maximum of 20 people.
- The meetings of up to 10 people in outdoor spaces inside houses and apartments, and in common spaces of buildings.
- The professional activities, among which are accounting and legal studies, and architecture, among others, will be able to return to the presence with a maximum of 30% occupancy of the offices.
- The use of common spaces will also be allowed in Hotels, with 30% capacity.
- Starting next Monday, 15 subway stations will progressively reopen: the first 10 will be operational again on the same Monday, while the other 5 on Thursday 15.
- On Monday 12, Plaza de Mayo and Acoyte will join, on line A; Callao, Dorrego and Carlos Gardel, in the B; Lavalle in the C; Callao and Palermo, in D, and Boedo and Medalla Milagrosa in E.
- On the 15th Carabobo and Loria are added, in the A; San Martín in the C; José María Moreno in the E, and Venezuela in the H.
Why are they not working fully again? The official explanation has to do with the objective being discourage the use of the subway, so as not to load it with passengers in short sections, and thus prioritize longer trips. There are still 20 that will remain closed without a specific reopening date.
Subway stations closed due to the coronavirus prevention protocol. / Photo Cecilia Profetico
In addition, the head of Government announced that since August the outdoor cultural events with a maximum of 1,000 people.
As for the future, it was anticipated that in the winter holidays the testing places will be reinforced for residents who leave the City and those who travel to it from other locations.
So, from July 12 there will be tests without turn, both when entering and leaving the City, in five new centers. “Two are going to be mobile units that they will go through the main tourist areas and three will be fixed and will work in the Tourist Attention Centers of Recoleta, Retiro and Palermo “, explained the head of government.
At the same time that he looks at the situation of infections and the occupation of intensive care beds, the Buenos Aires Executive advances with the vaccination campaign.
The Capital surpassed this week the 50% of the population with at least one dose. And two weeks ago he changed the strategy in order to intensify the application of the second doses to achieve greater protection in the population, in the face of the threat posed by an eventual arrival of the Delta variant, which has evidence of community circulation in Europe.
At the same time, a study began on Thursday to evaluate efficacy and risks in the combination of vaccines of Sinopharm and AstraZeneca with those who applied component one of Sputnik V. It has to do with the lack of the second component of this immunizer and the possibility of using those from other laboratories to complete the schemes.