Mamma Mia! Here we go again: plot, cast and streaming of the film
Tonight, June 18, 2021, at 9.15 pm on Canale 5, Mamma mia! Here We Go Again, a 2018 film written and directed by Ol Parker. The film is the prequel-sequel to the Mamma Mia! of 2008 and re-proposes the music of the Swedish group ABBA, on which part of the plot is based. But let’s see all the information together in detail.
Kalokairi, Greece. A few years have passed since the last events and Sophie is excited about the inauguration of the Bella Donna, the hotel that will replace the old maternal bed & breakfast, and she wants the event to be memorable. Unfortunately, a series of circumstances seem not to go in the right direction. Sam is the only one of Sophie’s three fathers who will be able to participate, as Harry and Bill are engaged in a corporate merger and an award, respectively. Sky, who went to the United States for a six-week apprenticeship in hotel management, has received a job offer and would like Sophie to move in with him. However, the girl does not intend to leave the island in order not to break the memory of her mother Donna, who has been dead for a year. Instead, the inevitable Rosie and Tanya arrive in Kalokairi, suffering from the loss of Donna, but eager to help Sophie in such an important moment for her. On the eve of the inauguration on the island a violent hurricane strikes and destroys the exhibition. Sophie is ready to cancel the event, but Sam urges her not to give up and rebuild everything.
Mamma Mia! Here we go again: the cast of the film
We have seen the plot of Mamma mia! Here we go again, but what is the full cast of the film? Below is the complete list of actors with their respective roles:
- Amanda Seyfried: Sophie Sheridan
- Lily James: Donna Sheridan as a young man
- Christine Baranski: Tanya Chesham-Leigh
- Jessica Keenan Wynn: Tanya Chesham-Leigh as a young man
- Julie Walters: Rosie Mulligan
- Alexa Davies: Rosie Mulligan as a youngster
- Pierce Brosnan: Sam Carmichael
- Jeremy Irvine: Sam Carmichael as a young man
- Colin Firth: Harry Bright
- Hugh Skinner: Harry Bright as a young man
- Stellan Skarsgård: Bill Anderson
- Josh Dylan: Bill Anderson as a young man
- Dominic Cooper: Sky
- Andy García: Fernando Cienfuegos
- Cher: Ruby Sheridan
- Meryl Streep: Donna Sheridan
Streaming and tv
Where to see Mamma Mia! Here we go again on live TV and live streaming? The film, as mentioned, airs today – Friday 18 June 2021 – at 9.15 pm on Canale 5. It will also be possible to follow it in live streaming via the free platform MediasetPlay.it.