Sarees are an essential component of Indian culture. For many families, the bridal saree is a cherished heirloom and an object of great sentimental value. These sarees are often handed down from one generation to the next, which is one of the reasons they have such a high emotional significance. Wedding Indian saree are often composed of rich fabrics and include exquisite stitching and decorations; as a result, they are notoriously fragile but make a statement.
It is necessary to provide them with the care and maintenance they need in order to maintain them in excellent shape and retain their beauty. In this piece, we will go over some helpful hints and pointers for maintaining and taking care of bridal sarees, such as how to store them, how to clean them, and how to handle them.f
It is essential to store wedding sarees in the correct manner in order to keep their quality intact and ensure that they last for many weddings to come. Keeping your sarees in the following conditions will keep them in the best shape:
- Be sure you use acid-free paper for your tissues: It is very necessary to use acid-free tissue paper in order to prevent the Indian saree from becoming yellow or discolored. While the saree is being kept in storage, this is an excellent technique to ensure that it stays in good condition.
- It is very important to keep the saree out of direct sunshine and away from any moisture for as long as possible. Sarees should be stored in a cool, dry environment. The cloth may eventually become unusable if it is subjected to conditions of high heat and humidity for an extended period of time. The best location for keeping sarees is one that is both cold and dry.
- It is recommended to fold the Indian saree neatly and wrap it in a muslin cloth in order to protect it from dust and other factors. Keeping the saree folded and wrapped in a muslin cloth is the most effective way to do this. In addition to this, the muslin fabric will let the saree breathe, so avoiding any mustiness or odor from developing.
- You should try to avoid using plastic coverings since they have the potential to hold in moisture and hasten the deterioration of the fabric over time. While storing sarees, it is strongly recommended that you do not make use of any plastic coverings.
The procedure of cleaning Indian saree is a delicate one that involves careful attention to detail and careful handling of the garments. In order to keep your saree looking its best, follow these cleaning instructions:
- Examine the precautions listed on the label to see: When washing the saree, it is imperative that the care label be read in its entirety. On the label, you’ll find information regarding the material, as well as instructions on how to clean it.
- Only suitable for dry cleaning: Dry cleaning is the ideal method to keep wedding Indian saree clean without causing damage to the fabric or the decorations since most sarees worn at weddings are composed of delicate materials like silk or chiffon.
- Doing selective cleaning: It is recommended to do urgent spot cleaning on the saree if there is even a minor stain on it. Using water and a little detergent on the soiled area with a gentle rubbing motion using a sponge or a gentle cloth is recommended.
- Make every effort to avoid using bleach: While cleaning Indian saree, you should steer clear of using bleach since it has the potential to alter the color of the cloth or even cause it to disintegrate.
When it comes to handling wedding sarees, extreme caution, and focus are required so that neither the fabric nor the decorations suffer any kind of harm. Managing your saree properly may be accomplished by following these suggestions:
- Always ensure that your hands are clean before handling: It is essential to wash your hands before touching the saree to remove any oil or dirt that could be on your hands, which might then be transferred to the fabric of the saree.
- It is important to refrain from hanging the saree: When a saree is hung for a lengthy period of time, the cloth has the potential to stretch out and lose its form. While storing Indian saree, it is better to fold it up and put it in a dry, cool spot.
- Use cushioned hangers: If you need to hang the saree for a brief amount of time, use a padded hanger to prevent any creases or wrinkles from forming in the fabric.
- Separate storage for the saree is recommended in order to prevent any snagging or other damage to the saree’s fabric or decorations. It is ideal to keep the saree apart from other clothing items.
- Quick actions are required: In the event that anything is spilled on your bridal saree, you need to act swiftly in order to prevent the stain from becoming more permanent. To remove as much of the spill as possible from the surface, blot the affected area with a clean, white cloth or some paper towel.
- Make use of a light detergent: If the stain is difficult to remove, combine a little quantity of mild detergent with some water and then dab it into the spot. Rub the stain as little as possible since doing so may cause the fabric or decorations to get damaged.
- When the stain has been removed, the saree has to be thoroughly rinsed in clean water to get rid of any detergent residue that may have been left behind.
- Employ a cold iron: If you need to iron your wedding saree, use a cool iron so that you don’t damage the fabric or the decorations on it.
- Use a pressing cloth: Before to ironing the saree, cover it with a fresh, white cloth in order to shield it from the heat of the iron and avoid any potential harm to the fabric or decorations.
- Iron in the correct direction: While ironing, it is imperative that you always iron in the direction of the weave so that you do not create any creases or wrinkles.
- Avoid ironing over embellishments: If the Indian saree has any embellishments on it, you should avoid ironing over them since the heat might ruin or melt the decorations.
In conclusion, preserving and properly caring for bridal sarees is necessary in order to retain its beauty and extend the life of the garment. Maintaining the saree in excellent condition requires that you store it correctly, clean it often, and not damage it in any way. If you read this article carefully and pay attention to the advice it contains, you will be able to guarantee that your wedding saree will be a cherished heirloom for many years to come. Cbazzar has everything you need to ensure that both you and your clothes look their absolute best for any occasion.