Wizards of the Coast And CAPCOM announce a special collaboration that will bring the protagonists of Street Fighter in the world of Magic the Gathering.
The very limited collection Magic: The Gathering Secret Lair x Street Fighter ™ will include eight cards inspired by as many protagonists of the iconic Street Fighter II and was made to celebrate the franchise’s 35th anniversary. At the moment it is already possible to pre-order the deck both in the traditional foil version for € 54.99 and in the non-foil version for € 45.99.
Let’s find out more details together thanks to the press release issued by the company.
Wizards of the Coast and Capcom Create Legendary Combo: Limited Edition Magic: The Gathering Cards Inspired by Traditional Street Fighter ™ II Characters
Magic: The Gathering Secret Lair x Street Fighter ™ and February superdrop available for pre-order for a limited time
RENTON, Washington – 21 February 2022 – Wizards of the Coasta subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc (NASDAQ: HAS), today unveiled the limited edition drop series roster of Magic: The Gathering Secret Lair x Street Fighter ™, now available for pre-order. The ultra-collectible and purpose-built cards are a crossover of Magic: The Gathering with Street Fighter Capcom – one of the most beloved fighting franchises of all time celebrating its 35th anniversary this year – featuring eight iconic characters from Street Fighter ™ II.
An additional secret card will be revealed live during the 2021 Capcom Pro Tour Season Finale at 4:00 PM PT on Saturday, February 19 on: http://twitch.tv/
capcomfighters And: http://www.youtube.com/ capcomfighters.
Street Fighter II and its eight original playable characters not only inspired the drop art style but the designers themselves, who implemented appropriate thematic cards with unique abilities for each character. Chun-Li, among the characters of Street Fighter more recognizable and appreciated, it features a “multikicker” effect, a tribute to the classic Chun-Li move.
“Street Fighter and Magic: The Gathering they come from very different genres, but both have been offering fans fantastic characters, rich gameplay and social connections for decades, ”said Mark Heggen, Product Architect, Wizards of the Coast. “We have always been fans of Street Fighter and this partnership was a dream come true. And now I’m sorry, but I have to go back to fine-tuning my unstoppable Blanka deck ”.
In addition to the drop Secret Lair x Street Fighter, Wizards of the Coast revealed a series of Magic: The Gathering celebrating the set Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty recently announced.
The rest of the superdrop includes:
- Introducing: Kaito Shizuki – Artist Rorubei offers alternative art treatments for the brand new high-tech ninja planeswalker of Magic: The Gathering, Kaito Shizuki
- Kamigawa: The Manga: The Cards– Artist RIYOU KAMEI created the cards using illustrations from the official manga Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty.
- Li’l Walkers– Artist UTA NATSUME presents planeswalkers in adorable Chibi style.
- Pictures of the Floating World – Artists AMAYAGIDO, AOJI MAIKO, Nagano, SHIE NANAHARA, and TOMOHITO have created beautiful lands in the Ukiyo-e style, an iconic style of Japanese art traditionally found in woodblock prints and paintings.
- Shades Not Included– artist Ben Schnuck gives the lands the ’80s inspired synthwave treatment.
- Showcase: Neon Dynasty– These cards feature sheets of neon ink with fluorescent ink sticking out of the paper and feature artwork by artists AI NANAHIRA, ESUTHIO, SENNSU, and ZOUNOSE.
- Special Guest: Yuko Shimizu– Artist Yuko Shimizu is an award-winning Japanese illustrator living in New York City who delivers a unique blend of traditional Japanese art and modern conceptuality.
The drop of Magic: The Gathering Secret Lair x Street Fighter is available both in the traditional foil version (€ 54.99) and in the non-foil version (€ 44.99) of the Magic: The Gathering. Other drops are available both in the traditional foil version (€ 44.99) and in the non-foil version (€ 34.99).
Learn more about Secret Lairvisit: secretlair.wizards.com.
Source: Wizards of the Coast
#Magic #Gathering #Street #Fighter #series #cards #inspired #protagonists #saga