How to Edit College Essay Like a Pro?
All students have to write a great variety of essays. They ought to follow certain rules and complete various stages of writing. One of them is to edit those essays. This stage is not liked by most students because it is pretty boring. You have to check the flow, the word choice, the readability of every section, and similar points. Some folks even skip it but afterward regret that decision. When you edit, you can sufficiently improve the whole content of your paper.
Some youngsters use free essay examples to see how a great essay is supposed to look like. Nonetheless, even the best samples and examples are not enough. A good solution to the editing process is to read our informative guide. It highlights smart and effective tips that help to make all academic papers perfect. Thanks to these smart tips, you will easily edit any essay type:
- Compare and contrast
- Biography, etc.
Therefore, be attentive and try to memorize them. You may also bookmark this guide to always have it close at hand.
Check the Flow
First of all, you should give heed to the flow of your essay. Be sure it is logical and isn’t “clumsy”. All the transitions are expected to be smooth. You should never go from one argument to another one without a logical ending. Be sure you never cram several points into a single paragraph. Ideally, your essay should look like this:
- Introduction. General facts and the thesis statement.
- Main body. Development of the thesis. 1st paragraph = 1st argument. 2nd paragraph = 2nd argument. 3rd paragraph = 3rd argument…
- Conclusion. A short summary of the entire paper with your interpretation of the outcomes.
Define the Right Lexicon
You ought to be sure you have chosen the right language for your essay. It should belong to the topic and the academic discipline of your essay. It is vital to regularly expand your active vocabulary. Try to learn about 10-20 new words every day and select various disciplines to be ready for any topic in any academic direction.
It is also vital to be aware of the words you should not use in your college essays. They spoil the general impression of your work. These are:
- Technical terms
- Acronyms, etc.
Avoid these kinds of lexicon and your essay will be much better.
Make It Readable
One of the main tasks of the editing process is to make your text readable. It is a serious problem for many students. They make the same mistakes to lead to the poor readability of a text, even if the topic is quite simple. What should be done to avoid this issue? Make allowances for the next points:
- Keep it short. When you write your college essays, be sure you do not write too many long sentences. Such sentences are hard to read and comprehend. You should also shorten the length of paragraphs. Thus, the readability of your texts will be boosted for many a time.
- Don’t overuse the passive voice. All passive constructions require more words, and they are not dynamic. If you intend to make the story livelier, the active voice is more appropriate.
- Do not over-explain. It is vital to avoid unnecessary explanations. Use strong examples.
- Be straight to the point. You should avoid repetition and watery sentences. Always dwell upon the topic of your essay to show that you know what you’re talking about.
When you edit, you should focus only on this process. Many youngsters lack aspiration and creative thinking when they are distracted by other people, things, or activities. The common sources of distraction are:
- Other people
- TV shows
- Video games
- Social media
- Chatting with friends
- Calling other people
- Gaming, etc.
Take Breaks and Edit Later
It is also important to have some rest. You should not edit your college essays soon after they are finished. Oftentimes, students simply miss some vital points as they are already tired. The experts recommend editing your papers in 8 hours or later. Some recommend editing the next day and not sooner. Your mind will be refreshed and recharged to look at the whole project from a different angle.
Use Learning Apps
Don’t forget about useful learning tools and software for students. There are multiple apps that can help to improve the content of your academic papers. These are:
- Editors. Smart apps offer great writing and editing tips to boost the quality of any essay.
- Grammar checkers. Check grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Generators. Help to bring to order all your citations and references.
Find a Helper
Another good tip is to find a competent editor. It may not be a professional editor, but it is supposed to be a person with strong editing skills. Perhaps one of your friends I good with editing. Ask him or her for consultations, recommendations, and some reviews at least from time to time. This practice will be very helpful!
Use Pro Help
Finally, you may use the help of professional writers and editors, who can be found on custom writing sites. Just specify the search request similar to – What essay writing service can do my essay? Conduct research to define available options, compare all the sites and choose the most appropriate one.
People who made a career in this industry are true professionals. They can easily tackle any essay type, as well as:
- Capstone project
- Lab report
- Resume, etc.
Feel free to customize your order according to your academic needs. You may easily request editing help and a pro editor will resolve all the issues fast and reliably. Mind that you can also request any sample or example online, which won’t cost you anything.
These editing tips will sufficiently improve the revision stage. They help to edit fast and precisely. Thanks to our tips, you will write only perfect papers to get the highest grades for your college essays.