A milestone in his career! The singer Laura Pausini obtained a nomination for the Oscar 2021 in the category of best original song, for “Io Si” (I do), the main theme of the film La vita davanti a Sé (Life before itself).
Through social networks, the Italian interpreter was excited and wanted to share her joy with her fans.
“I still do not believe it. Being able to be part of a project as special as La vita davanti a Sé with #EdoardoPonti and #SophiaLoren was for me one of the greatest gifts life can give me, ”he wrote on his Instagram account.
The singer of “On the other hand” and “Strange loves” affirmed that she is still processing the nomination.
“Now knowing that I am nominated for an Oscar surpasses any goal or expectation I ever dreamed of in my life. It is something that my being still does not understand and I can only thank the Academy for considering ‘Io Sí’ and its message ”, he commented.
She was also proud to lead her country to the Academy Awards: “How proud to represent my country in one of the most important awards in the industry!”
However, his song had already received a major award and is shaping up to be one of the Oscars favorites. In March 2021, it won a Golden Globe for best song.
Nominated for Best Song
- “Io Sí (Seen)” from The Life Ahead (La Vita Davanti a Se) – by Diane Warren; lyrics by Diane Warren and Laura Pausini.
- Judas and the Black Messiah’s “Fight For You” – music by HER and Dernst Emile II; lyrics by HER and Tiara Thomas.
- “Hear My Voice” from The Trial of the Chicago 7 – by Daniel Pemberton; lyrics by Daniel Pemberton and Celeste Waite.
- “Husavik” from Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga – by Savan Kotecha, Fat Max Gsus and Rickard Göransson.
- “Speak Now” from One Night in Miami and lyrics by Leslie Odom, Jr. and Sam Ashworth.
Shows, latest news:
#Laura #Pausini #Oscar #nomination #dont