Many German vacationers are drawn to Italy again this year. But tourists should be prepared for some measures.
Summertime is vacation time and right now many Germans are traveling. The most popular holiday destinations can also be found in the times of Corona in the Mediterranean region with Italy, Spain, Croatia, Turkey and Greece. But where there are many people in a confined space, there are enough opportunities for the virus to spread faster. The numbers are already increasing in many holiday regions. There is a risk of quarantine after returning home. In Italy, the infection rate is already developing negatively. Here you can read what to look for when on holiday in Italy:
There are already warnings of rising incidences for Croatia. As echo24.de * already reported, there are a few Things to consider when going on vacation in Croatia. Even Spain and the Netherlands became areas of high incidence* explained. Since Tuesday, July 27th, the decision has had hard consequences for vacationers. Even with one Holidays in Greece there are a few things to consider *, because the incidence has been increasing in this popular holiday destination for a week.
Vacation in Italy despite Corona: what should you watch out for?
But what should holidaymakers in Italy actually prepare for and what should be taken into account? The number of new corona infections has recently risen sharply again. In Rome, incidences have increased fivefold in the past few days. Italy’s government tightened the rules on August 6th. According to this, a simple vaccination certificate, a negative corona test or a proof of recovery should be necessary for indoor restaurant visits, museums, fitness studios and swimming pools.
The responsible authorities attribute the explosion in numbers to the celebrations surrounding the victory in the European Football Championship. Before the final, 293 cases were reported in Rome within a week, after the final there were already 4,516. So far, 49 percent of the Italian population are fully vaccinated. Nevertheless, the state of emergency was extended until December 31, 2021.
Italy vacation despite Corona: These rules apply to tourists
For the classification of the Risk zones (white, yellow, orange and red) new corona rules should apply from August. Travel restrictions may apply within these zones. The incidence should not play such a big role. Rather, the utilization of the hospital beds in the corona wards and in the intensive care units should be considered when deciding on relaxation and measures. On July 28th are loud hna.de * 1,292 corona patients in Italian hospitals, 156 occupy beds in intensive care units.
Currently applies to the entry to Italy The following:
- For tourists from countries of the European Union, as well as from Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland, entry is possible without the obligation to quarantine.
- Entry must be via a Online form be registered
- Travelers who have stayed in an EU country in the 14 days before must show an “EU Digital COVID Certificate” (in Italy certificazione verde COVID-19). It must contain one of the three certificates: negative test result (PCR or antigen test), not older than 48 hours (for children from 6) or a Vaccination completed for 14 days with an EMA approved vaccine, or Proof of recovery from Covid-19.
- Those arriving from countries outside the EU (except Iceland, Lichtenstein, Norway and Switzerland) must adhere to entry restrictions.
- Transit from the EU / Schengen states is allowed for up to 36 hours without any restrictions or compulsory testing
In Italy, as here in Germany, hygiene regulations apply. The rules prescribe distances of 1 to 2 meters. If the distance cannot be maintained, mouth and nose protection must be worn. Masks are required in closed rooms anyway, with the exception of children under 6 years of age.
Special rules apply to car journeys. Up to 5 people from the same household can stay in the car without a mask. Three people from different households are allowed to sit in a car – the mask requirement and distance rules apply. In the case of inmates from different households, the mask requirement is only waived if there is a separation device, such as in taxis. *echo24.de is an offer from IPPEN.MEDIA.