New steps forward in the negotiations that will lead to the privatization of ITA Airways. Yesterday the dossier on the handover of the company born from the ashes of Alitalia ended up in the hands of Mario Draghi, already including the evaluations of the advisors and the indications of the Treasury on the offers of the two consortiums. At the moment the one led by MSC-Lufthansa seems to be in clear advantage on the Certares fund: the premier currently in office, in any case, reported that at the latest tomorrow a definitive answer will be given on the future of the company.
The Corriere della Sera this morning on newsstands underlines how the one of the nothing done, since the third round of bids did not show any significant improvements compared to those sent on July 5th. As mentioned, at the moment the offer presented by the MSC-Lufthansa consortium continues to be more attractive than that of the Certares fund, although the latter is trying in every way the overtaking operation: the latest strategic move to convince the state was to promise the Mef greater control and exclusivity over the appointment of the non-executive president and CEO of the company.
The newspaper also informs that after delivering the offers on August 22, the Mef advisors would have asked the two consortiums to clarify some points contained in the packages, which would have been satisfied by both. In both cases, the value of the firm was judged to be around 950 million euros. But there are differences between the two offers: MSC and Lufthansa confirm that they want to take over 80% of the company, of which 60% for the Aponte and 20% for the Germans, thus leaving 20% to the Treasury (however fixing a date from which the latter will have to sell his shares to the consortium in exchange for a defined amount that could increase by 100 million depending on the next results of the company), while Certares lowered the share to be purchased to 55% thus leaving the other 45% to the Ministry of Economy.
#ITA #Airways #MscLufthansa #ahead #FormulaPassion.it
Leave a Reply