Santiago Segura premieres family comedy, dubbing actor, on tour with Mota and Flo, he still has time to have an ice cream this summer
Santiago Segura is so well known that he could knock on the door of your house, say hello and sit down to eat at the table. No one would be surprised. After being hyper-famous with his carpetovetónico Torrente, he now fulfills the role of father and has renewed in Spain the comedy of family dye with children and grandmothers. This summer opens like this’ A todo tren! Destino Asturias’ with the commitment to refresh the public based on hilarious situations and various laughter.
– He has just released a movie, ‘A todo tren. Destination Asturias’. How is it working?
– Well, it’s wrong for me to say it, but great. It is liking it a lot, fortunately. But of course, I understand that they do not trust me. As it is already on the poster, ask someone who has seen it …
– Ricardo is a very responsible father who takes six children to Asturias. He was not counting on Felipe, the grandfather of two of the boys, to join the trip. What? can go wrong in the company of Felipe?
– It would be shorter to answer, what can go well in the company of Felipe? Fortunately, Leo Harlem, who plays Felipe, is an extraordinary travel companion. If not, we would be fine.
– Does the Renfe wagon in this film have anything from the Marx brothers’ cabin?
– A little tight we did. A cabin is still a small place and, if we add six children, a camera, sound, lighting, hairdresser and makeup equipment. You start to feel like asking for two hard-boiled eggs, emulating Groucho.
– Why can’t we miss it?
– It would be a shame to miss out on such a nice product, 100% national! It is a film designed for our body to secrete endorphins and serotonin, positive hormones that strengthen the immune system. Just in case.
– Changing the subject, but we stayed today, he published on social networks that he had been vaccinated and he got messed up. Is fame and social media so far-reaching?
– Well, those who do not see it clear to be vaccinated insult those who are vaccinated and vice versa. When you are famous, everything multiplies in networks, the good and the bad. I believe that vaccines are necessary and essential to get ahead, but after advancing the pharmaceutical companies that washed their hands before any unwanted side effect in the future, I understand the resentment of many.
– And the shirt he was wearing, from the legendary TVE contest program ‘1,2,3’, also went viral.
– Well look, it was a gift from an Instagram follower, Bego, a very nice girl. I was a big fan of ‘1, 2, 3’. And, also, the other day he sent me another from the ‘Telerín Family’. So the networks also bring good things
– Another premiere. From July 7 it can be seen on Disney + ‘Monsters to the work’, where together with José Mota he lends his voice to the two main characters. How is the experience?
– I adore Sully, just like Dracula, from ‘Hotel Transylvania’. I love voicing these funny characters. And, suddenly, you get surprises like the one the other day. Bebe, who sings the theme of ‘A todo tren’, told me that she was an admirer of my work as a voice actor. I was very happy.
– Is there a vacation this summer?
– We continue with the theater Mota, Flo and I, on tour. I am already writing my next film and recording the presentations of José Mota’s program for TVE1, ‘What if yes?’. I think one more year I’m going to be without a vacation, but happy and joyful working on my thing. I still have some ice cream to celebrate.
– A remedy against tension?
– Without a doubt, humor. It is our lifeline. What humanizes us. What sweetens bitter drinks. Which always comes in handy.