Huawei p50 series is the new workhorse with which the Chinese manufacturer will seek the old glories again. Certainly not an easy period for Huawei, deeply marked by the US ban it had to completely revise its development plan, but did not give up and churning out models that were up to now “passable” just to maintain the visibility of the brand but without really enticing the consumer to buy, this time it’s serious.
The semiconductor crisis is affecting everyone, Huawei is well aware that it has therefore had to diversify the chipsets for its new series, thus providing two different processors its variants: P50 pro will also be available in 5G version with the Kirin 9000 owner, while instead P50 will be equipped with a special 4G variant of the top-of-the-range processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 888.
Particular attention was placed at the cameras, according to Huawei, the photographic experience on the new P50 series will be “the beginning of a new photographic era“, Sure, strong words though of the confirmations coming from dxomark which defines the new series as “outstanding in all areas” thus achieving a score of 144 points, bypassing itself with the previous one P40 series, and the latest in the house Xiaomi M11 Ultra.
A particular look then, must be given to the new HarmonyOS 2.0 operating system native to all of Huawei’s P50 series. Obviously without Google services (the battery thanks) and all the functions and apps we are normally used to using as Gmail, Gmaps etc … Don’t worry though! Harmony takes advantage of his Petal Search app store, with 134,000 apps already present, and beyond 1 million developers at work to fill the gap of the American counterpart Google, so it is only a matter of time before Huawei recovers, thus becoming in all respects, on par with its competitors, and with all the advantages of an OS totally developed in house, Apple teaches.
So let’s go specifically and discover the new models together.
Features Huawei P50
- Dimensions and weight: 156.5 x 73.8 x 7.92 weight 181 grams
- Screen: OLED Full HD + 2700 x 1224 6.5 inches, 90 Hz refresh rate, 300 Hz touch sampling rate
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 4G 2.84GHz 5nm
- Memory: 8/12 GB RAM 128/256 GB expandable memory
- Camera: Triple 50MP main camera + 40MP ultra wide angle + 12MP telephoto camera. 13MP front
- Battery: 4100 mAh fast charging at 66 Watt type C
- Other: NFC chip, 4G LTE / 3G / 2G network support, IP 68, biometric unlock sensor in the display, stereo audio
Features Huawei p50 PRO
- Dimensions and weight: 158.8 x 72.8 x 8.5 weight 195 grams
- Screen: OLED Full HD + 2700 x 1224 (curved at the sides) 6.6 inches, refresh rate 120 Hz, sampling rate at touch of 300 Hz
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon, Kirin 9000 3.13 GHz 5 nm
- Memory: 8/12 GB RAM 128/256/512 GB ROM expandable memory
- Camera: Main 50MP quad camera + 13MP ultra wide angle camera + 64MP telephoto camera + 40MP B / W camera. 13MP front
- Battery: 4360 mAh fast charging at 66 Watt type C + fast wireless charging at 50 Watt
- Other: NFC chip, 5G / 4G LTE / 3G / 2G network support, IP 68, biometric unlock sensor in the display, stereo audio
What can I say, the new Huawei P50 series does not disappoint expectations at all, at least on paper. He starts well, thanks to a promotion with full marks from dxomark. Availability will be starting from 12 August in China of the PRO model it’s at September for the smooth P50 model, the prices converted into euros from the yuan will be of about 584 euros for the model P50 8/128 GB, and of about 781 euros for the P50 PRO model always 8/128 GB.