new Delhi: In October, the Housing and Urban Affairs Ministry has given a final notice to 24 big artists of the country to vacate their government houses in Delhi. These artists include well-known artists of the country who have won prestigious awards like Padma Shri and Sangeet Natak Academy. On the one hand, this senior citizen artist is saddened by this order of the government, on the other hand, the housing ministry is making several arguments in favor of its order.
Which artists have received orders to vacate the house?
Among the 24 artists who have been asked by the housing ministry to vacate the government house by 31 December, Padmavibhushan Kathak dancer Pandit Birju Maharaj, 80-year-old painter Jatin Das, Padmashree Santoor maestro Pandit Bhajan Sopori, Padma Shri dancer Rita Ganguly, Dhrupad style Padma Shri Classical singer Ustad F. Wasifuddin Dagar, Mohiniattam dancer Bharti Shivaji, Kuchipudi dancer Vanashree Rao and Indian dance historian Sunil Kothari, etc.
What did Padmashree Pandit Bhajan Sopori say
Talking to ABP News, Padma Shri Santurist Pandit Bhajan Sopori said, “I am very thankful to ABP News that you raised this issue.” This issue is very important and is a matter of national interest. The artists who have notices are very legend artists of the country. Best at international level. “
He further said, “He has a lot of contribution for this country. I will say that we are also troubled and we are also sad. It is a matter of sadness that our honorable Prime Minister has a thinking that he is very concerned, at every level, when this epidemic started, he had already urged the countrymen to keep their tenants in their house as well. We will not make you shift. But now I am very sad that even this request of the Prime Minister is not accepting the request of the Ministry and asking us to vacate the house, when the time is not right. An artist illuminates the name of the country all over the world. The government should not do this with artists. I have received more than 250 awards. I have been performing for almost 60 years. It should be kept in mind that the artist is very sensitive, he reaches his level by doing his work. The government should rethink this issue. “
What did Maestro F. Wasifuddin dagar
Padmashri classical singer Vasifuddin Dagar said while talking to ABP News that I received a notice on 10 October. The government is saying that everyone has a period, as long as people have jobs, they are flat. But we have been given a house for country service and the artist does not retire. We met on the same base and it was said that the extension would continue after every 3 years, if you stay here then it is a great honor for us and because of that respect we took it. We speak proudly in the country and abroad that our government has given us a house to live. After doing so much for the country and society, all the celebrities are hurt by this behavior of the ministry. Everyone expects the government to consider this decision again.
Artists have written a letter to the ministry
This case has also revealed many other artists in favor of these artists. All these artists have written a joint letter to the housing ministry, urging the ministry not to vacate the homes of these elderly and great artists who have brought laurels to the country and culturally represent the country abroad.
Government’s reasoning behind getting artists home
Talking to ABP News, the National Spokesperson of the Housing and Urban Affairs Ministry has given a total of 6 arguments from the Ministry behind the eviction of artists from home –
- The government gives houses to artists to help them when they are struggling in their youth or needy. Houses are not given for any age in any criterion.
- All these 24 artists or their family members have more than one private house.
- In this case, the housing ministry says that between 2014 and September 2020, one to one and a half crore rupees were owed as house damage charge on each of these 24 artists, which has been forgiven by the government. The government has forgiven the total outstanding Rs 32 crore.
- Since 2014, these artists have occupied government houses as Illigal Residents. Therefore, it is wrong to say that tomorrow in Corona, a house is being emptied from them.
- These artists were allotted government houses for only 3 years. From this, 12 to 15 thousand rupees are charged as license fee for the houses of the prime location of Delhi. All the artists have been given houses at the prime location.
- In the same period, all such government officials have also been evacuated, whose allotment period has been completed.
Tamil Nadu: AIADMK-BJP alliance, O Panneerselvam announced in Amit Shah’s presence