After several operations aimed at strengthening the online offer, the publisher closes another important operation. The CEO of the Scanavino group: “Now we can offer an effective performance tool to automotive spenders”
The digital presence of the Gedi Group is further strengthened. A few days after the closing of the agreement that saw it take over the entire capital of the company Huffington Post Italia, the publishing group is now announcing the acquisition of the AutoXY portal, one of the first Italian search engines specialized in the automobile market.
Founded in Lecce in 2009, AutoXY is a platform that simplifies the search for a car by creating a direct link between automotive groups, dealers and end customers. Through the use of this marketing portal, the user is accompanied on a path that transforms any potential interest into an evaluation or actual purchase proposal.
Under the agreement, Gedi acquires 78% of the company, while the remaining 22% will remain in the hands of Ceo Boris Cito (20%) and Cto Matteo Serafino (2%), who therefore remain involved in the growth path of the company. company.
“The investment in AutoXY has a dual purpose: on the one hand, a service for users of Gedi publications and, on the other, an effective digital communication tool with performance for advertising customers in the automotive sector”, explains Maurizio Scanavino, CEO of Gedi. “A new chapter in the history of AutoXY is also opening, which enhances the skills and success path carried out by Boris and his team in these 12 years: thanks to the considerable audience of our Group and the increasingly strong presence of the dealership Manzoni on the digital business, AutoXY will be able to seize further development potential in a rapidly evolving market segment ”.
The operation strengthens, as mentioned, Gedi’s position in the online information sector, after the agreement with BuzzFeed and before that with Unify (TF1 Group) for the acquisition of the feminine publishing brand (read here) and the launch of a series of vertical hubs dedicated to fashion, food, technology and the environment.
In 2020, Gedi’s online advertising grew by 3.7% while revenues from digital activities, including the various subscription formulas, reached 14.7% of the total, a percentage that rises to 20.2% for the brand Republic.