The health passport will be mandatory for everyone who lives in France and having a QR is part of this process. A serious problem for French living abroad and, especially, those who have been vaccinated with vaccines that have not been approved by the European authorities.
The French Chancellery reported this Monday that there will be a health passport for French residents abroad and their relatives, vaccinated with doses recognized by the European Medicines Agency. At the moment, the device is aimed at people who are already in France or will arrive before August 31.
Until now, French expatriates outside the EU and vaccinated in the countries where they lived had no way of obtaining their health passport.
The Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs is implementing a specific system, which allows French residents abroad to be vaccinated with one of the vaccines recognized by the European Medicines Agency (EMA) or their equivalents get a health pass, valid on French territory.
The passport can be obtained by French residents abroad who are currently in France. Photo: Reuters
Initially, this device is reserved for people who are already present in the national territory or who arrive before August 31. Requests for arrival after this date will be taken into account later.
Jean-Baptiste Lemoyne, Secretary of State in charge of tourism, French residents abroad and La Francophonie declared: “In accordance with the decision of the President of the Republic, with the Minister of Europe and Foreign Affairs, we have established a specific mechanism for give a solution to the French living outside of France “.
He added: “Starting on Monday, August 2, at 2:00 p.m., our compatriots can submit their applications. To receive a QR code, all you have to do is send by email, proof of vaccination, along with an identity document and proof of residence abroad. Since the beginning of the health crisis, the government has been fully mobilized together with our compatriots around the world, “he said.
Who can get it
The health pass can be requested under the following conditions:
- – Be of French nationality or have the right to be a French citizen; spouses, married and / or civil union partners.
- – Be over 18 years old (until September 30, 2021, minors between 12 and 17 years old do not require a health pass; in addition, minors under 12 are not subject to the mandatory health pass);
- – Have been vaccinated with a vaccine accepted by the EMA or equivalent and have a complete vaccination schedule;
- – Have been vaccinated in a place other than one of the following countries: Member States of the European Union, Andorra, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, United Kingdom, Switzerland. In fact, these countries allow obtaining the EU digital Covid certificate, accepted in France;
- – Be already in France or the European Union, or arrive in France before August 31.
What documentation must be sent?
To benefit from this device, those who request it must send the following documents by email (in pdf, jpg or png format):
- – The vaccination certificate established according to the regulations of your country of residence, which shows a complete vaccination schedule, with a vaccine recognized by the AEM or equivalent.
- – An identity document (valid French passport or national identity card);
- – The application form, which can be downloaded from the France Diplomatie website and the websites of the embassies and consulates;
- – Proof of residence outside France.
Where to send
The addresses for sending applications are organized as a priority according to the geographical area of the country of residence:
– Zone 1 (Canada): Certificateemail@example.com
– Zone 2 (East Coast of the United States: East Coast of the United States, Puerto Rico, United States Virgin Islands, Bahamas, Turks and Caicos Islands, Cayman Islands): Certificatefirstname.lastname@example.org
– Zone 3 (West Coast of the United States: West Coast of the United States): Certificateemail@example.com
– Zone 4 (Central and South America: Argentina, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, El Salvador, Ecuador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Dominican Republic, Saint Lucia, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados , Dominica, Grenada, British Virgin Islands, Montserrat, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Guyana, Trinidad and Tobago and Uruguay): Certificate-vaccin-covid .fde4 @ diplomatie.gouv.fr
A person gets vaccinated with Pfizer in Montpellier. Photo: AFP
– Zone 5 (Continental Europe, Central Asia, Israel and Palestinian Territories: Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Israel, Palestinian Territories, Turkey, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Afghanistan, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova , Mongolia, Ukraine, Russia, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Tajikistan): Certificatefirstname.lastname@example.org
– Zone 6 (North Africa – Algeria – Tunisia): Certificateemail@example.com
– Zone 7 (North Africa – Morocco): Certificatefirstname.lastname@example.org
-Zone 8 (Africa-Middle East1: South Africa, Lesotho, Malawi, Saint Helena, Angola, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Benin, Botswana, Burundi, Cameroon, Comoros, Congo, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Eritrea, Egypt, United Arab Emirates, Ethiopia, Guinea, Niger, Zimbabwe): Certificateemail@example.com
– Zone 9 (Africa-Middle East2: Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Gabon, São Tomé and Príncipe, Gambia, Ghana, Equatorial Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Iraq, Jordan, Kenya, Somalia, Kuwait, Lebanon, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritius, Mauritania, Mozambique, Eswatini, Namibia, Nigeria, Oman, Uganda, Qatar, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Central African Republic, Rwanda, Senegal, Seychelles, Sudan, South Sudan, Syria, Tanzania, Chad, Togo, Yemen, Zambia): Certificate-vaccin -firstname.lastname@example.org
– Zone 10 (Asia-Oceania: Australia, Kiribati, Nauru, Tonga, Tuvalu, Bangladesh, Burma, Brunei, Cambodia, China, India, Iran, South Korea, Japan, Laos, Indonesia, East Timor, Malaysia, Nepal, New Zealand, Cook Islands, Samoa, Niue, Ross, Tokelau, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Palau, Marshall, Micronesia, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Maldives, Thailand, Vanuatu, Solomon Islands, Vietnam): Certificate-vaccine-covid.fde10 @ diplomatie.gouv.fr
To facilitate the processing of applications, the email should be sent with a title worded as follows: COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE / LAST NAME Name (for example: RUSSIE / DUPONT Jean, or CANADA / DURAND Anne).
In case of questions or difficulties, requests can be sent to the following address: Assistanceemail@example.com
As soon as the request is processed, an email will be sent with the QR code. This can be printed and presented on paper or added to the TousAntiCovid app. Please note that incomplete applications will not be processed.
As a reminder, minors between the ages of 12 and 17 will only be affected by the health pass as of September 30 and will not be issued a pass for that date.
These rules do not modify sanitary measures necessary for the access to French territory (complete vaccination schedule or PCR or antigen test or recovery certificate for people over 12 years of age who do not have a complete vaccination schedule).
For more information, you can consult the website of the Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs: https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr
Another problem that expatriates face is having received a vaccine that is not accepted by European rules. They could be vaccinated with a vaccine accepted by Europeans upon arrival in France. But it is not established yet.
The order of Physicians warns that they have “the deontological obligation to guarantee all patients their care in optimal safety conditions” and “to guarantee equal care to all”, with or without health passport. An alert that the Constitutional Council must take into account when issuing its ruling. Today you cannot enter hospitals without a health passport.