NAfter the death of a camerawoman while shooting a film, Hollywood star Alec Baldwin made public statements about the incident for the first time. “She was my friend. The day I got to Santa Fe to start filming, I took her out to dinner with Joel the director, ”said Baldwin of the victim. He spoke to reporters who followed him and his family in Vermont on Saturday.
“There are random accidents on film sets from time to time, but nothing like that,” Baldwin said. The probability of such an accident is “one in a billion”. However, he is not allowed to comment on the ongoing investigation. He supported calls for better control of weapons during film shoots. But he didn’t want to comment on whether he would ever make another film with guns.
Film does not finish
Production of “Rust,” which was canceled immediately after the accident, would not resume, he said. In addition to starring in the film, Baldwin was one of the producers of the western.
In the video from Saturday, Baldwin and his wife Hilaria can see the tension and anger at the paparazzi. The actor criticized her for following him and his family, saying his children were sitting in the car and crying because of it. Both spouses urged that their family’s privacy be respected.
In the incident during the filming of the low-budget western “Rust” on a film ranch in Santa Fe, New Mexico, chief cinematographer Halyna Hutchins (42) was fatally injured on October 21, and director Joel Souza (48) was fatally injured by the same bullet been hit in the shoulder. Baldwin (63) had fired the prop weapon during rehearsal for a scene.
Investigations revealed that the Colt was loaded with live ammunition. After the fatal shot, an assistant director admitted not checking all the bullets in the revolver’s drum before handing it to Baldwin with assurance that the gun was safe.
Shortly after the accident, Baldwin had already expressed his deepest regrets on Twitter.
#time #fatal #shot #Alec #Baldwin #faces #media