Whether it’s dodging hooks in The Thrill of the Fight or to throw punches in FitXRvirtual reality is a great way to exercise. And with Move, the Meta Quest integrated fitness tracker, you can now see both how long you’ve been training in VR and the approximate calories burned, as well as your goals. Previously, this information was only available through the Move app, inside the headset, but Meta Quest announced that it would soon be possible to monitor and view fitness stats in VR directly from your phone, and today these features have finally been introduced.
IOS users can monitor the activity done with the Meta Quest
For iOS users, you can too sync stats with Apple Health, in order to have data on all your activities, inside and outside virtual reality, available in one place. Syncing with Apple Health will automatically track your workouts in VR on iPhone or Apple Watchwithout having to manually enter training information.
All of these new features will be phased in, starting today.
If you haven’t set up the Move app yet, you can find it in the application panel of your Meta Quest or Meta Quest 2 viewer. You can access the app by selecting it from the menu bar, where you will be guided through a short startup flow to set up Move and begin tracking your movements in VR.
Once you have set up the Move app, you can choose to synchronize your Move stats with your phone following the instructions below.
First, you have to choose to sync data from the VR to the Oculus mobile app.
- From the Move in VR app, go to Settings in the lower right corner;
- Scroll to “Connect Move to Oculus mobile app” and activate the switch;
- Move stats, including information such as Move minutes, calories burned and goals, will be encrypted and stored on Meta’s servers so you can track your fitness progress from the Oculus app;
- You can disconnect Move stats from the Oculus mobile app at any time by going to the Move settings and turning off the “Connect Move to Oculus mobile app” switch while in the headset.
For iOS users, you can also choose to link your Move stats with the Apple Health app.
- Connect Move to the Oculus mobile app by following the instructions above;
- Tap the “Connected apps” tab at the top;
- Tap the toggle next to “Apple Health” to enable syncing. You need to provide permissions for both “Active Energy” and “Workouts” to fully enable this feature.
When you log in, Meta Quest training information, including the apps used, the approximate calories burned and the viewer in usewill be shared with Apple Health and you will be able to monitor Move activity with the app.
You can log out of Apple Health in the Oculus mobile app at any time so that new Move activities are no longer updated in Apple Health, but previous Move activities will continue to show.
If you have an Apple Watch, you can find your Move stats in the Fitness mobile app and Watch, under the heading “Fitness Gaming”.
#Finally #synchronize #Apple #Health #Meta #Quest