Dates are rich in energy and after starting a solid diet, you can give dates to a child as a puree. It contains minerals like iron, calcium, sodium, phosphorus, magnesium, potassium and zinc. Apart from this, dates also contain thiamine, riboflavin, nines, folic acid, vitamin A, B6 and vitamin K.
Apart from this, dates are also a good source of sugar and fiber. It contains simple sugar called fructose and dextrose which gives immediate energy. These nutrients help in the development of the fetus and also make breast milk.
When to feed baby dates
You can feed dates when you start a solid diet after six months. Gradually add dates to your baby’s diet and give it as a mash or puree. After feeding any new thing to the baby, one should wait three days to see if the child is allergic to it.
Benefits of dates for baby
Dates can help your baby in the following ways:
- Potassium helps in the growth of the brain and it is found in abundance in dates.
- Dates can help cleanse stomach worms. Apart from this, dates are also healthy for liver. Children are at greater risk of viral and bacterial infections which have a direct effect on the liver.
- Some children may have acidity and ulcerative problems. Dates have properties that can help reduce the symptoms of these two problems. However, in the event of stomach ulcers, feed the baby dates only after asking the doctor.
- When baby teeth are coming out, feed him with dates. It strengthens the gums and helps the teeth grow faster.
- Dates are helpful in quick recovery in case of fever or chicken pox. Dates have a high amount of dietary fiber, so that children do not have constipation.
- There is a lot of iron in the dates, which increases the hemoglobin count in the red blood cells of the baby’s body. This enhances children’s hair and nourishes the skin.
How many dates should be eaten in a day
Initially feed the child just one date with any other fruit. You can mash the dates and feed them by mashing them with other fruits. Feed one date in a day and then slowly feed two or three dates in a day.
How to feed dates
You can feed the baby by mashing or steaming the baby. Do not feed the date by boiling it because it can destroy the nutritional elements of the date. Give raw dates to the child only when his teeth come out and he starts chewing. You should give your baby a puree and give it a date.