Embracer Group does not cease in its expansion plans and is already in talks with more companies for its purchase.
Shopping in Embracer Group they are far from over. The parent company of Koch Media, Saber Interactive and THQ Nordic, among many other companies, announced today the acquisition of seven new studios with the aim of improving the capabilities, quality and perspective of each of the operating groups that comprise them. the group, with some weighty names like 3D Realms.
In a Press release aimed at shareholders, Embracer Group states that these acquisitions will provide its different operating arms more power in video game editing and development in different sectors, such as the creation of independent proposals, mobile software, works driven by history, retro action-shooter titles and other productions for PC and consoles. Then we briefly review the purchases made.
Latest Embracer Group purchases
- 3D Realms. Saber Interactive buys the creators of the Duke Nukem saga looking for a company with extensive experience.
- Slipgate Ironworks. He also joins Saber Interactive. Authors of Graven, it has demonstrated in the eyes of its buyers ability to make high-quality games and work on adaptations, as well as passion in retro shooters.
- Digixart. Koch Media takes the reins of this small independent studio with the ability to create new narrative-driven IPs.
- Easy Trigger. Coffee Stain Studios justifies the purchase after seeing closely the work of the small studio in Huntdown and they are already working on a new IP.
- Force Field. Koch Media and Vertigo Game take control of this studio with a great presence in the development of software for virtual reality.
- Ghost ship games. After working with Coffee Stain Studios for Deep Rock Galactic, they are now under his ownership, but maintaining autonomy.
- CrazyLabs. It is an expert studio for casual and lifestyle RPGs for mobile that will operate independently under DECA Games.
As can be seen, a quite varied assortment of purchases with which the Embracer Group wants to continue expanding its dominance in different fields of the industry. In total we welcome 500 new talents, but they won’t be the last. The owners of Gearbox Entertainment after closing their purchase a few months ago, claim to continue in talks with other companies for its acquisition.
Embracer Group currently has a catalog of more than 240 own franchises, such as Saints Row, Goat Simulator, Dead Island, Darksiders, Metro, MX vs ATV, Kingdoms of Amalur, TimeSplitters, Satisfactory, Wreckfest, Insurgency, World War Z and Borderlands (with 2K as a publishing company) among others, adding more than 77 internal studies that accommodate a total of 8,000 employees in 40 countries around the world.
More about: 3D Realms, Slipgate Ironworks, DigixArt, Embracer Group, Saber Interactive, Koch Media, Coffee Stain Publishing, and Studio Buying.