On Wednesday the City of Buenos Aires will begin to apply the second doses of Moderna adolescents with risk factors who have already received the first coronavirus vaccine and meet the 28-day interval, as confirmed by Clarion Buenos Aires sanitary sources.
The shifts will begin to be awarded this Tuesday. Will be assigned via mail, WhatsApp and SMS, according to the order in which the first component was administered.
“Once they are contacted, the neighbors will be able to select the date, time and place of preference through a personalized link,” they detailed from the Buenos Aires Ministry of Health. After receiving the vaccine, as usual, the boys will have to remain for 15 minutes under observation.
The decision to advance in the immunization of this group was made by the National Ministry of Health and the health authorities of the different jurisdictions in the Federal Health Council (COFESA). For this, part of the Moderna vaccines that were donated to Argentina by the United States was used.
More than 15 thousand adolescents have already received the first dose of Moderna in the City- Photos: Macarena Bultri
According to official data, so far 15,457 boys received the first dose in the City. Enrollment is still open (on the buenosaires.gob.ar/vacunacovid site).
Now the City will open 13,800 places to access the second application of the serum, between Wednesday and Saturday. The schedule is as follows:
- Wednesday, September 1: 7,600 shifts, between Parque Roca, Costa Salguero Vehicular and Club San Lorenzo.
- Thursday, September 2: 3,600 shifts, between Costa Salguero Vehicular and La Rural.
- Friday September 3: 1,400 shifts in Costa Salguero Vehicular.
- Saturday September 4: 1,200 shifts in Costa salguero Vehicular.
The City reported that so far 2,122,186 people received the first dose of the Sputnik-V, Sinopharm or AstraZeneca vaccine. This represents 2 out of 3 porteños. Of that total, 1,309,506 completed immunization with the second component.
Who can register
The Buenos Aires authorities indicated that the registration for vaccination against covid-19 in adolescents aged 12 to 17 years continues. Below, the details of the health conditions prioritized to access immunization.
- Obesity Grade 2 (BMI greater than 35, Z score greater than or equal to 2) and Grade 3 (BMI greater than 40, Z score greater than or equal to 3).
- Chronic cardiovascular disease (congenital heart disease with heart failure and / or uncorrected cyanotic, heart failure, coronary artery disease, valvular heart disease, cardiomyopathy, pulmonary hypertension).
- Chronic respiratory disease (COPD, cystic fibrosis, severe asthma, interstitial lung disease, severe airway disease, hospitalizations for asthma, oxygen therapy requirement, neuromuscular diseases with respiratory compromise).
- Chronic Kidney Disease (including dialysis and transplant patients, Nephrotic syndrome).
- Liver disease: cirrhosis.
- People living with HIV regardless of CD4 and CV count.
- Solid organ transplant and solid organ transplant waiting list patients.
- Hematopoietic cell transplant patient.
- Oncological and oncohematological patients with recent diagnosis or of “Active” disease.
- People with active tuberculosis.
- People with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Down syndrome (other genetic syndromes).
- People who have a valid Unique Disability Card.
- Adolescents who live in long-term places.
- People with a non-contributory pension with a mandatory medical certificate.
- People with autoimmune diseases and / or immunosuppressive, immunomodulatory or biological treatments.
- Primary immunodeficiencies.
- Pregnant people with an indication of risk.
- Serious congenital malformations.
- Anatomic or functional asplenia.