President and candidate for re-election Jair Bolsonaro (PL) said this Friday (30.Sep.2022) that “everything went well” in the debate in TV Globo. He also praised the PTB candidate, Father Kelmonand criticized thevery low level” from other candidates for the Presidency. At the meeting, the religious addressed his 1st question to the Chief Executive, repeating the double in the debate at the SBT.
“I think everything went well. It’s a place that I don’t feel good, being there at Projac. I went to fulfill a schedule there, I think I did my part, you decide. I think Father did very well. The level of some people there is very low, right? But life goes on,” Bolsonaro said in live on the social networks.
In the debate in Globe, Kelmon repeated praise for the president and his government, acting once again as an auxiliary line for the chief executive. the priest replaced Roberto Jefferson, of whom he was a candidate for vice. The former head of the ticket had his candidacy barred by the TSE (Superior Electoral Court).
Father of Orthodox Apostolic Catholic Church of PeruKelmon criticized the left and had clashes with Soraya Thronicke, União Brasil’s candidate for the presidency. with the former president Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva (EN), starred in a squabble with microphones on and off, ignoring the rules of the debate.
The PT called him “orange”, while Soraya referred to him as “June party priest” – expression that went viral on social media. The União Brasil candidate also misspelled Kelmon’s name when asking him a question. The mistake also made by presenter William Bonner.
At the end of the debate, Kelmon denied being Bolsonaro’s electoral corporal and said he had been attacked by Lula. “We’re not the president’s electoral corporal, you’re accusing me”, said a journalist responding.
WHO IS FATHER KELMON
The priest of the Orthodox Apostolic Catholic Church of Peru is the leader of Meccla (Movement Christian Conservative Latin American).
In your profile on instagramKelmon presents a timeline with the title “who is Father Kelmon”.
Here’s what it says:
- born on October 21, 1976 in the city of Salvador;
- at age 20, he joined the Mater Ecclesiae seminary of the legionaries of Christ in São Paulo, building his training at the Santana and Santa Catarina seminary in Alexandria;
- in 2003, reports that “fell in love” by the Orthodox Church;
- in 2009, he began his missionary life and founded the Orthodox Catholic association Theotokos in São Paulo;
- in 2014, he was ordained a deacon of the Orthodox Church;
- in 2015, he was ordained a priest;
- in 2020, he received an invitation from Roberto Jefferson to reorganize the party’s youth and lead the MMCPTB (PTB’s Conservative Christian Movement);
- in 2021, he was elected by the Church’s Holy Synod as bishop; he founds Meccla.
REMEMBER HOW THE 1st DEBATE WAS
The 1st meeting between the presidential candidates was held on August 28, 2022, organized by a pool of media vehicles composed of TV Bandeirantes, TV Culture, UOL and Folha de S.Paulo.
Participating in the debate were: Jair Bolsonaro (PL), Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva (PT), Ciro Gomes (PDT), Simone Tebet (MDB), Luiz Felipe d’Avila (Novo) and Soraya Thronicke (União Brasil).
Here are some of the highlights of the 1st meeting:
- Bolsonaro X women – the women’s agenda gained prominence after the president called journalist Vera Magalhães, who asked the Chief Executive about vaccines, from “Shame on Journalism”. He also said that the professional had some “passion for him”. Ciro, Tebet and Soraya came to Vera’s defense;
- “chutchuca” – when defending Tebet, Soraya Thronicke accused Bolsonaro of being “chutchuca with men” and “tiger with women”;
- Petrobras – in the 1st interaction between Bolsonaro and Lula, the current president accused the PT of leaving a debt of R$ 900 billion in the state company; Lula reacted and said that the data cited by his opponent was “liar”;
- Supreme – without mentioning the names of ministers, Bolsonaro declared that there are “judicial activism” in the performance of the STF;
- Brazil aid – Lula and Bolsonaro accused each other of lying about maintaining the R$600 benefit; both have already said they will keep the value;
- Janones X Salles – the deputy of Avante and the ex-minister of the Environment discussed behind the scenes of the debate; the disagreement started after Salles reacted to a speech by Lula about deforestation.
REMEMBER HOW THE 2nd DEBATE WAS
The 2nd meeting between the presidential candidates was held on September 24, 2022, organized by a pool of media vehicles composed of SBT, CNN Brazil, Estadão and Radio Eldorado, Look, Radio New Brazil and Earth.
Participating in the debate: Jair Bolsonaro (PL), Ciro Gomes (PDT), Simone Tebet (MDB), Soraya Thronicke (União Brasil), Luiz Felipe d’Avila (Novo) and Father Kelmon (PTB).
Here are some of the highlights of the 2nd meeting:
- Lula’s absence – the former president justified that he had already scheduled campaign acts on the date of the debate and ended up being criticized by opponents before and during the meeting; on the stage, there was an empty pulpit where the PT would be;
- who is Father Kelmon – the PTB candidate became an assistant to Jair Bolsonaro in the debate and defended the president; in networks, he was compared to Cabo Daciolo;
- Bolsonaro X Soraya – the president called the União Brasil candidate “swindler” after she said she regretted having helped elect the current chief executive in 2018.
Search PowerDate held from September 25th to 27th, 2022 shows Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva (PT) leading the dispute with 48% of the intentions of valid votes in the presidential succession, followed by Jair Bolsonaro (PL), with 38%.
The result in valid votes includes only the intentions attributed to a candidate, excluding blanks and nulls. This is how the TSE will release the results on Sunday night, October 2nd. If a candidate receives at least 50% + 1 of the valid votes, he wins the election in the 1st round.
According to the poll, Ciro Gomes (PDT) has 6% of the valid votes, and Simone Tebet (MDB), 5%. Felipe d’Avila (Novo) and Soraya Thronicke (União Brasil) have 1% each. The other candidates did not score.
The survey was carried out by PowerDategroup company Power360Journalism, with its own resources. The results are published in an editorial partnership with the TV Cultura. Data were collected from September 25 to 27, 2022, through calls to cell phones and landlines. There were 4,500 interviews in 323 municipalities in the 27 units of the Federation. The margin of error is 1.5 percentage points. The confidence interval is 95%. The TSE registration is BR-01426/2022.
O Power 360 maintains a collection with thousands of surveys with known methodologies and on which it was possible to verify the origin of the information. There have been studies carried out since the 2000 municipal elections. This is the largest and longest-running survey of electoral research available on the Brazilian internet.
The database is interactive and allows you to follow the progress of each candidate. Access the Research Aggregator clicking here.
The research information began to be compiled by journalist Fernando Rodrigues, Editor-in-Chief of the Power 360on its website, in the year 2000. To access the old page with the surveys, click here.
#Bolsonaro #praises #Father #Kelmon #doubles #debates