The publisher Dear Villagers and the developer Artisan Studios they offer us a brand new trailer of the RPG Astria Ascending, where this time we will not admire some main mechanics in action, but everything will focus on the minigame J-Ster.
In J-Ster, players will have to make strategic choices to be able to overthrow their opponent’s tokens. The enemies that we will encounter during the course of the game will become tokens, while to expand your collection, just take them from the various opponents.
Astria Ascending will arrive in the West in the course of 2021 on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X | S., PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, And PC Street Steam and Epic Games Store. According to what was previously reported, the game will also be accessible on Xbox Game Pass.
Astria Ascending – J-Ster Trailer
An epic adventure with the charm and pedigree of a classic JRPG, Astria Ascending tells a story of destiny, sacrifice, and new beginnings.
The game was developed in collaboration with publisher Dear Villagers, and boasts contributions from world-class JRPG developers, with a score by Hitoshi Sakimoto (FINAL FANTASY XII, Vagrant Story), narrative by Kazushige Nojima (FINAL FANTASY X, FINAL FANTASY VII Remake) and the artistic sector of CyDesignation (Akihiko Yoshida and Hideo Minaba).
In a world where chaos looms, players will be called upon to take control of the Demigods – a group of eight heroes charged with the fate of the world. Each character has their own story (explored in five cities), twenty-five dungeons, and thirty hours of gameplay, up to fifty if you aim for 100% completion. Along with a finely tuned turn-based combat system, players can experience a variety of side missions and mini-games, including an original fantasy-themed game.
- Epic tales – Fight for the future as you come to terms with the past; sacrifice everything, do not give up anything. The story of Astria Ascending was developed in part by writer Kazushige Nojima, known for his work on FINAL FANTASY X and FINAL FANTASY VII Remake.
- Live landscapes – Journey into the world of Orcanon, a richly imagined and fully animated 2D landscape with five cities and a dynamic weather system.
- Unforgettable characters: Choose from eight customizable characters spanning a range of fantastic races and abilities, and assemble a diverse team.
- Rewarding fights – Work together to save the world by waging turn-based strategic battles using the innovative focal point system.
- A delight for the ears – Featuring music and sound effects from composer Hitoshi Sakimoto (FINAL FANTASY XII, Valkyria Chronicles), Astria Ascending is a heart-warming joy to listen to.
Source: Dear Villagers, Artisan Studios Street Gematsu