One of the main doubts that arise daily among citizens who want to process the visa is the price of the document. The concern increased when the increase in some products and services this year became known.
(You can read: Pack your bags: the countries that do not request visas from Colombians in 2023)
For the above, from the United States Embassy in Colombia they clarified all the information.
They assured that this value has not increased and remains at $160. What must be taken into account is that this price, when converted to Colombian pesos, can vary, since it depends on the rate at which the US currency is found.
For example, this Tuesday the dollar closed at $4,546, so the processing fee is around 727,360 pesos. That same price applies to students, doctors, journalists or exchange visitors.
Remember that there are different types of visa: tourist and visitor; business; job; studies and exchanges; immigration and others.
Now, the visa categories based on petitions, for which temporary workers, people transferred within the company, athletes, artists and religious workers apply, have a price of 190 dollars, the equivalent of about 874 thousand Colombian pesos.
Finally, the fiancé or spouse category visa of a United States citizen has a value of 265 dollars, an approximate value of 1,200,000 pesos.
On the official website of the embassy you can find a guide if you have questions about what type of document you should request.
How is the process to process the visa?
After choosing what type of visa you need, you must complete the online visa application form DS-160, which can only be completed at the link: https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC.
Each applicant has to complete this form before using any service of this website.
The following application steps must then be completed to schedule an appointment with the consular section. Remember that it is necessary that you make your visa application yourself. You do not need help to follow these steps:
– Create a user account.
– Add the applicant’s information to complete the registration.
– Enter the DS-160 confirmation number for each applicant applying for a visa.
– Select a location where you want to receive your documents.
– Pay the nonimmigrant visa (MRV) application fee using one of the available payment methods. See visa fees for available payment options.
– Schedule an appointment with the consular section.
– Attend the appointment of the consular section.
Other news of your interest
– Batteries! This group of license plates will be able to circulate only one day next week in Bogotá- If you are independent, payment for the military book will be settled on your salary: Court- They reveal a coded message that Valentina Trespalacios left the driver
#American #visa #price #procedure
Leave a Reply