A few days after the attack on crime reporter Peter de Vries, his son is now on social media. Meanwhile, a lawyer speaks of psychological terror.
Amsterdam – The alleged murder attack on crime reporter Peter R. de Vries is still paralyzing the Netherlands, the journalist is seriously injured in a clinic days after the attack. Then on Saturday the next incident: the studio of a TV station in Amsterdam had to be cleared. Threats had been received shortly before. A lawyer now speaks of psychological terror, while the victim’s son reports with a moving picture.
Amsterdam: Attack on crime reporter – RTL studio cleared on Saturday after threats
It was a cowardly attack that paralyzed the center of Amsterdam on Tuesday evening. De Vries was gunned down in front of the TV studio on the street and was critically injured. He had previously appeared on the live broadcast “RTL Boulevard”. Exactly this TV program was threatened on Saturday and the studio in the center of the Dutch capital was vacated shortly afterwards for security reasons. This was confirmed by the broadcaster RTL.
A spokesman for the authorities said that a serious threat had been received against the program. Justice Minister Ferd Grapperhaus said that “visible and invisible measures” had been taken. Details were not given.
Amsterdam: After attack on crime reporter – lawyer speaks of psychological terror
The lawyer friend of De Vries, Peter C. Schouten, wrote in a reaction on Twitter: “Maybe it is time to use units of the army or the Royal Gendarmerie to protect media companies from psychological terror.” The lawyer is in a large-scale trial against one Drug gang joined the key witness whom De Vries had previously advised as a confidante.
So far it is unclear whether the journalist’s health has improved. According to media reports, de Vries is still in critical condition. His son, Royce de Vries, now posted an older family photo on social networks. On the picture you can see Peter de Vries together with his son. Thousands of people marked this on
“Like” picture posted on Twitter Saturday.
Attack on Peter de Vries: two men arrested – pre-trial detention extended
Two men were arrested shortly after the attack. A 21-year-old Rotterdam native is said to be the shooter. A 35-year-old Pole who lives in the village of Maurik in the south-east of the Netherlands is said to have driven the getaway car. The pretrial detention of the two suspects was extended by two weeks on Friday.
The police have not yet given any details about the background or motives for the attack. Widely used in the Netherlands
organized crime blamed for it.