A hungry dog tried to get food and started a fire in the owner’s house in the American village of Lake Orion, Michigan. The video of the incident drew attention to the CBS Detroit TV channel.
Richard Venya left his pets at home to take the children to school. While the owner was away, a hungry golden retriever named Finn tried to get to the food and accidentally lit the gas stove.
A fire alarm went off in the house. The alarm went to the control panel of the security organization, and its employees contacted the owner of the house. The firefighters who arrived at the scene extinguished the fire and rescued the animals in the house.
Venya said that a few days before the incident, he decided to put the pet on a diet, as he gained excess weight.
Earlier it was reported that a six-month-old puppy accidentally lit a burner and started a fire at his owners’ home in the English town of Faversham, Kent. Neighbors heard fire sirens and called for rescuers, which prevented the flames from spreading through the house.