According to the “Taste of Home” website, there are several common mistakes in preparing fish:
- Not cooking the fish at an appropriate temperature, such as placing it in a cold frying pan or another flaming heat, while what is required is to put the frying pan or cooker on a moderate heat for about 3 or five minutes before proceeding to cook the fish.
And in the event that the fish is placed on a very hot surface, this leads to a layer of it sticking to the pan, when it is stirred, and then it will appear in a “scattered” and “bad” state.
- Leaving the fish for a long time on the fire causes it to lose its flavors, and therefore, it is better to prepare it taking into account the time.
- Cooking experts recommend that the fish be prepared and removed from the pan when it becomes firm enough in all respects, while it appears that its middle is still a bit transparent, and this note depends largely on the color.
Stirring the fish a lot, and at the wrong time, spoils the cooking of the fish, and therefore, it is desirable to reduce the stirring in the pan as much as possible.
If the person cooking moves the fish around in the pan before it sets, a layer of it is likely to stick.
- And if you are one of those who put fish in the refrigerator, this matter is not a problem, but it is the method of defrosting that requires attention.
And if you put the frozen fish in a pot of hot water, this gives an opportunity for bacteria to flourish and the fish becomes soft.
Experts recommend placing the frozen fish inside a tightly closed plastic bag, and then leaving it for a while in very cold water, except that it becomes less frozen and ready to be prepared.
- It is also a common mistake to put a lot of salt in the spice mixture added to the fish, because what happens is that the liquid in the “seasoning” is absorbed while the grains of salt remain outside.
It is better to sprinkle salt with the rest of the spices all at once, and the fish should not be left for a long time in the “marination” mixture so that its taste does not change and its appearance changes.
#bad #mistakes #cooking #fish